Back after many years

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by HellGeist, Jun 22, 2016.

1. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

I used to play FW meta and I have all the good stuff from FW up till Heroes Dawn. Anything after that I am missing runes. Is there any must have runes from those years of expansions that I missed that i need to keep my BG relevant?

P.s. Does anyone still use lich's servitors? They were my favorite champ back then.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Howdy do, welcome back!

In the years since you've been gone, Pox has been pushed towards a more theme-focused game IMO where goodstuff decks, while still remaining relevant of course, have dropped out of favor. In the past few expansions there has been an emphasis on various themes in FF and split faction decks, and most expansions only have 1 or 2 "goodstuff" runes. While some of the themed runes CAN be run in goodstuff, their viability outside of theme is usually lower. The closest thing to goodstuff these days would probably be a variant of the decks found in this thread: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/junk.20840/ .

@Ballballer also successfully ran a Chopping Block deck into Battlemaster league (and I believe he still runs it around that level), though any specific deck list has not been forthcoming, so you'd have to ask him.

If you're looking for a more traditional goodstuff build, then I would suggest acquiring Polluted Martyr, Mindflayer Queen, Grim Well, Mysian Lamia, Wailing Banshee, Arcane Enervation, Bone Slave, Arroyo Echo, Enervating Collar, Blood Tracker, Anathema, Soulbane, Lich Magistrate, and Vendetta. All of these runes are goodstuff material (though I wouldn't recommend running all of them in lieu of older FW runes). Mix and match as you wish.

If you want some advice on themes, I and other FW players will be happy to provide it. Creepers, Witches, Skeletons, Zombies, Liches, and the new Arroyo have gotten a lot of support in the time you've been gone.

Unfortunately Servitor isn't very good anymore. He lacks decent upgrade options, and is bogged down with Surge, which most Lich decks rarely make use of. They fetch a fine price though if you're willing to trade them. PoxBox is the go-to site these days for all your rune trading needs. You may remember PoxPortal, run by Ganier99(sp?), from the old days. PoxBox is like that, except better (and PoxPortal has since been shut down).

Hope you have a wonderfully decrepit stay in the Wastes!

HellGeist likes this.
  3. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

Yea I saw all the themes. Not sure which one to get into. Maybe when I have more time I could list my runes and someone could suggest which theme would be the easiest and cheapest to get into?

Oh and I did run a stitched BG for a while. But it seems like that theme was rather abandoned by the developers in recent years? Viable at all?

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I don't really play Stitched, but from what I've seen they're somewhere around tier 2; not top of the heap, but not completely unviable either. The biggest thing that hurt them were the slew of Tyrant nerfs (deserved nerfs, I might add), but a few of the older Stitched received some nice buffs along the way: Dreameater, Shaman, Monolith, Anathema, Seamstress all shed some weight (read: nora) and had a few ability changes that made them more streamlined.

As for the other themes, the cheapest atm is probably Skeletons, with Creepers coming in right behind them. I know @kalasle was experimenting with them for a while, and from what I remember about his deck, the only exo+ runes were Putrid Creepers (and the Banner, but I'm sure you still have one of those kicking around; if not, they're really easy to get now). Skeletons can be built extremely easily on the cheap. Bonewing is the only Legendary you really "need", and if you're willing to drop a few bucks on the Bonesaw theme deck, you can basically swap out a few runes and have a ranked-ready group in no time.

Zombies are one of our strongest themes atm, and even though it's possible to run a competitive Zombie deck with no exo+ runes, some of the harder to obtain runes like Rotwrapper and Coragh bring much needed support to Zombies. If you're thinking long-term, Zombies are your best bet.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Creepers can be a bit expensive, because you need Colossus and Eye as well, and things like Bloodworm and Blinking make good additions. It's not terrible, though, and I think Worms is literally the best deck right now.

6. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

I have an eye and a colossus. But nothing else lol. Are those 2x runes? Because I only have 1 of each

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Colossus is 1x only, and you can get by with one Eye.

8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Lets just say i took chop blocks to rank 1 to avoid confusion about what battlemaster league means now

super71 likes this.