Barbarians

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nora That, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

So there has been a lot of going back and forth with the mighty, savage, awesome Barbarians.
    But I feel they are still very much incomplete.
    Couple of reasons:
    First one is Crusader. Now I know Sokolov told me he was probably accidentally missed, during the converting from human to barb. So I'm just reminding you of that ;)
    Secondly, Barbs need a tank. Yes Zedin can take a few hits, and I do love the *******. However he is not only costly, but you can only run ONE of him... you know ?
    Lastly, I would suggest making Zedin 2x runnable. Other suggestion would be to make a cheaper tank. A good champion to do that with would be Savage Shieldman. Right now he is a good asset in the phalanx style, but people refrain from grouping up too much because of echoes and the like. Now I also want to add how I just cannot EVER use barb shaman for some reason. there is absolutely no point in running him over priest of valdac. Idea: give shaman something that will make him better and or more helpful to barbs, so that he can see some gameplay.
    Thoughts?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Don't have much experience with Barbs myself -- how do you see WC: Stone fitting into their tanking capacity?

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

barbarian shaman needs divine healing or more damage. He also would need a cost reduction after this. Barbs seem to be in a pretty good place outside of that though, noijah often runs them in the top 10 or close to it and he still has alot of room for improvement.

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

There needs to be a stone clan inauguration.

That or Fist of Bastion might need a buff.

Ride down was really the only thing Zomg about him after his revamp and that ability got demolished.

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Can we just move em back to humans, revert boons or last breath, and pretend revamp never happend? ff-only theme that has a single interaction carrying it is pretty stupid.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I am playing barbs atm and they are pretty decent. They are good enough for me to hold top 10 without much trouble it seems. I need the fury of the storm though to complete my bg.

The recostings helped barbs alot, they have alot of high hp/def champs. I am running tundra barb at 60 nora and he is awesome.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    TheBulwark likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There are several really efficient champions in barbs, Renegade and Tundra, but those champions are really boring to play IMO. Most barbs are. Combo Devistate is Firking stupid and kinda restrains what you can bring to the theme in a "rush centric" manner of speaking. You can't do too much relocate and stuff that you'd see in UD because people would just trolololol Bastion from one double attack to the next. We've danced around that dumb ability for 4 years.

After that, the deck just needs more rush and I think a DF rnak 2 here or there could help it out along with some champ movement stuffs.

The racial is pretty stupid IMO. It would be more effective if you had cool ways to kill your champions (like sacrifice but not sacrifice) so you could kinda control who gets the buff. The stone clan one is OP, the others are trash but if you could put a rank 3 dot on huntress that might be cool or something.

Right now the deck crutches hard on Storm and Bastion, without those two it would be about as fun as smashing your toe with a hammer.

Nora That likes this.
  8. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Barbs are really good. I think there other IS themes which need more work atm

9. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

warchief stone would be a much bigger help

10. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

First of all, no named rune should be x2, the ones that are, needs to be x1.
    Now, about the barbarians, an Warchief Stone would be awesome, and would help a lot of the theme.