Bases..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeeperz2, Jun 15, 2016.

1. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I know some people are against this but I personally miss the old bases for champions and I know a couple of old players also do. Having an exotic or legendary rune just isn't the same without seeing the green and purple rings around the champ, I miss the old generic look of the bases I guess. At least maybe a toggle option for bases would be ok?

Xirone, mw24, darklord48 and 3 others like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Supported.

I miss them greatly. It gave this game a feeling that's impossible to replicate without them.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Maybe in the new client we'll get the option. While i don't have a preference either way, having the option would be nice.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[ x ] Activate Bases below champions.
    [ ✓ ] Activate Bases below champions.

5. jeeperz2

;)

6. Bloodcage9

Bloodcage9 New Member

As a returning player I am glad to see some people miss the values of old pox.

IMAGIRL, Xirone and jeeperz2 like this.
  7. jeeperz2

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are no plans for this.

9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Don't tell my heart...

10. jeeperz2

Is it possible there could be? Is it even possible to have a toggle option with this?

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Not easily no, because currently that'd require a second copy of every single rune in the game that has bases - which would increase loading times, game size, memory usage, etc.

We could create a system whereby the bases are divorced from the champion, but that'd be a bunch of work. It's also not as easy as adding an icon because there are a number of additional considerations when it comes to bases.

Leadrz likes this.
  12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Would the transition to the PS4-compatible system make a toggleable system easier?

Sometimes I think you should just throw it all out and make PoxNora 2.0, same mechanics, somewhat leaner rune set, improved coding and graphics and UI ...

As for your criminal amount of absence in my thread, given how active you are, I guess design is just not your responsibility?

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Design =/= answering threads about design. That's moreso community management.

No to bases. Hell no. I hated them while we had them, I loved it when they were gone. I hate it that this kind of thread returns periodically with much the same people insisting, but whatever, I guess.

14. Boozha

I don't see how a toggle would hurt you, though.

Also, when a community manager can't answer the questrions asked then that's pretty useless, so I'd rather have the actual person responsible for design answer.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sokolov isn't a community manager. He is a project leader/design director, and quite a vocal one at that. Senshu is the community manager.

mortal ix likes this.
  16. Boozha

Well, which is why I'd like Sokolovs comment. I'm just really curious about the actual design direction. Who made the decision to switch sprite styles, for example, and why? Who designed the artwork frames? Who the UI? How much does an UI overlay cost and how much work is implementing such overlays into Pox' legacy system? ... Lots of questions.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  17. jeeperz2

Just because YOU don't want bases back doesn't mean others don't. Some of those old runes need a base or a resprite because they just look terrible now, at least a toggle option shouldn't be out the question.

18. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I kind of feel like you are misinformed on that subject. Moving a sprite a few pixels up and loading another graphic below it shouldn't be that hard.
    If I had to guess I would have thought that that's what you guys already did with the shadows that every champion has. I mean, you didn't really have somebody add the same generic shadow to every sprite, right? ... Right?!

19. Boozha

I don't think any of us can quite imagine how the code of a game that has been running for ... over a decade? ... looks. Probably not exactly by-the-book.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I support bringing back bases and Pox 2.0.

jeeperz2 likes this.