Beasts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigToastie, Jul 16, 2015.

1. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

So I am looking to make a split beast deck, but I really can't decide on what factions have the best access to the beast theme.

In order of strength of their beast themes, where would you rate each faction?

Cheers! =]

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

IS/SL/KF have the strongst beast synergies by far. ST isn't bad, but they don't bring much except meat.

BigToastie likes this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Do a KF/UD Beast BG With Vashal, and Grundlewulfs. If you can pull off a proper Bond of Vashal, your G. Alphas can rampage. In addition your Vashal have a wide varriety of Hunter: X. Seal of the Vashal on your swarmed magma bunnies for free nora. There's more to find, but I'll let you discover them.

Trust me, you'll love it. Yeah there are better synergies, but I've found this one to be the most amusing.

Fentum likes this.
  4. BigToastie

Vashal dont have beast anymore though, was this pre this nerf?

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yes, but it still works though it's admittedly less powerful than it was.

Seal of the Vashal still targets Vashal, and Beasts. Bond of the Vashal targets all allies. I've had to adapt my bg with less Vashal, and more beast synergy, but it's till doable. The key is to get Bond of the Vashal up an running, and rampage while you can. Vicars are a godsend in this bg.

BigToastie likes this.
  6. BigToastie

I can see that in ISSL there is commander and boost, is there any defender beasts ?

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You have the SL bonus which is deceptivly Firking strong. Anythings a psuedo tank. Bearcats are funzies though.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just picture Gundelwulf Alpha under the effects of Bond of Vashal. Then Picture Magma Bunny, Nightmares, Flame Skitters, Fire Phoenix, Warogg, Zoalt, Undertortoise, Bunny Lords, ect.... Regen 3, and Tough 3, with +2 dmg on all your champs.

You could even run an anti ranged sub theme with Flame Skitters, Breath of Ash, and Mindslicer Obelisk, forcing them to fight up close an personal, or pick at your champs with Tough 3, and Regen 3. It's just evil.

Fentum likes this.
  9. BigToastie

See I am going to look into this one, my only issue is I have IS Doomballs (warcry beasts) which seem really strong >.<

Edit: would "The Farm" still be worth running in a beast deck?

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The doomball is really strong. Tired, and a little derpy right now. Remind me what "The Farm" is?

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The relic that used to give blitz and got nerfed into oblivion.

It's now 40 nora to give your beasts opportunistic assault. Long live the shoebox.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ah, yeah, no. Let it die.
    Thx

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Beast bgs were hit hard by he boost changes. I think its safe to say most of them pretty much suck now. I don't think any of the beast bgs are competitive besides maybe st.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

This isn't true at all. The boost change weakened alot of themes that were competitive before or nearly competitive. Skeletons, beast, cyclops, and others.

Alot of themes that were impacted similarly to those aren't even runnable in ranked anymore.(in higher ranks)

SL beasts and skeletons were nuked/obliterated/annihilated/completely and utterly destroyed, and they weren't even that great to begin with.

I need more synonyms to describe what happened to these bgs. rip.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

play one of these bgs in ranked. id be happy to farm you with any decent meta bg.

16. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Paladin commander have command and hold the line which gives defender. It also have command dodge or block. IS doomball also have warcry

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    BigToastie likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think IS and ST are the only beast themes that survived the boost changes. Also I think ST is the only beast bg that didn't get significantly weaker with the changes because of only having access to boost 1 in the first place.

18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I would have to say a split between ud and k'thir or is and k'thir, k'thir can't really compete as a regular beast bg anymore. Sure you can put some vashal in there but at that points it's kind of a vashal bg not a beast bg. Out of all the beasts in k'thir maybe 6 are runnable and a few of those 6 are questionable without the old boost.

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

all beasts lack beast magic outside of IS. Split beast should be IS/XX. you know this game though IS anything is good since the dawn of pox.

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

A decent combo is elite skirmisher and kong monk using rapid attack + coordination tower or frost wolf.