Beating a dead horse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IceHippo, Apr 9, 2014.

1. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I just realized something I'd blissfully ignored until now, and it makes no sense, how is ride down not part of the attack chain? Also couldn't hurt to drop the dmg threshold by 5 or 10. Yeah, I know I'm not the first(or 2nd-100th) to bring this up, but sometimes when something is so grossly absurd it doesn't hurt to beat a dead horse, or in this case a live one.

I'll even let you nerf my beloved KF pets if this one is fixed... :)

I can't wait for the renovators to finish blasting away, it's a long time coming!

2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Decapitate has never been on attack chain.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

What Logan said.

4. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Many skills are not part of attack chain, maybe we should put all skills in it just incase

5. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

Hmm, forgot about decapitate, seems to be very similar though it necessitates adjacent and can't warp through obstacles and champs. I suppose that when I see something directly deal dmg I assume that it should be treated as an attack, that's my opinion anyway.

6. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Ride Down has more problems that simply not being on the attack chain: 1) It's too strong, 2) The terrain requirement is not being honored, 3) it goes through intervening champs and obstacles, 4) It's on a champ that is stupidly OP to begin with.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pretty much.
    Just one more of the things released during the period I like to call wackoland "no mans land".

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Why did it have to be given Ride Down in the first place? Just give it Decapitating Blow instead; no reason to create an entirely new ability for one champion.

9. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Because clearly Decapitating Blow needed a better ranged version (Sarcasm may have been used)

10. only

only Active Member

the idea was to spread this ability a bit more till it was found out that it is no-go with 2x2 champions.

it has many weird interactions.

he doesn't move nor relocate during his "moving". basically, he is "put" from A point to B except if that space is occupied (see: combo with Timmy the Frog). it's funny to see him dashing through globe and not taking it. Ride Down is absurdly strong ability, but it's not the biggest problem for me. I mean I'm somehow fine with it.

Tough+High DEF+Resilient+Intimidating (at first I was laughing at that upgrade, but the more I see it, the better it got overtime). and that's without ToV. it's quite casual thing to see him in front face of 3-4 champions having no clue what to do since doing DMG is something you won't do.

in general, that's probably one of the most annoying aspects right now -- seeing champions dancing in your font and you not being able to deal with them. I can't believe Slipworm was nerfed for this reason, while there are so many REAL offenders around having the very little to none drawbacks and filling multiple roles if roles do exist anymore.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

makes it balanced

right?

12. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

"balanced"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Who said that ?

14. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

like STUPID AS POTATO ( for u Senshu ) RIDE DOWN !

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This thread is really about the Manual. In prior pox time, the champion will get nerfed.."Then" the problem rune will get nerfed after realizing it was what people meant...then the prior champion will be terrible and collaterally shoeboxed but not re-buffed. Hopefully D'owls don't follow the same old steps.

16. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Tac man to 30, and the healing part removed to make it cleaner
    Tales of valor to ".... every 10 hp" and cost to 30, courage made a dispellable condition instead of a permanent ability.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Blanket + 5 nora..though I think one is WAY better then the other. Its just that they both exist in the same faction that gives the combo flexibility