Bones got broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capitulator, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

TLDR: Tried the dailies for the first time in a while, and that Broken Bones one has gone over the top.

Long version:

The Mindweaver's tentacles rippled in the breeze like a bead curtain from the 70s. The night birds chirped, the flood generator produced a low hum, and in the distance the sound of dry bones rattling...

In moments the peaceful field was awash with battle.
    S1.png
    Vast armies of skeletal warriors clashed. To the casual bystander, perhaps waiting to claim spoils of war, this appeared to be a stalemate that would last the day and more. However, quickly this proved a lie. The red garbed skeletons swept their blades unimpeded through the bodies of their blue-clad opposites. This was nothing but an illusion of lies.

The red front marched inexorably closer, threatening both font and generator. But on the cusp of the long night of defeat, hope dawned.

Ugo brother of Ogo was deployed to the field.
    S2.png

The mighty defender of the marsh held the right flank as the remaining Illusions struggled to slow the tide elsewhere.

The font fell. The generator was but a single space from its femurly doom. But finally, with the final reveals, reinforcements came. These brave heroes were:

Ogo brother of Ugu; Vor the Ever-Diplomatic; Morag Beauty of the Welsh Marshes; and those two concealers who always hang around.
    C1.png C2.png C3.png C4.png

Now the tide began to turn. With Ugo and Ogo anchoring the centre, Vor and a concealer the left flank and Morag the right, their position was secure. Bones dropped like a tooth fairy's wet dream.

S3.png

The brave band carved a calcified path through to the crpytic shrine that was the heart of this heartless incursion.

Morag leapt into the breach, grown immense and powerful on the endless death. A flick of her wand spelled the end.

S4.png
    The skeletons crumbled, the illusions dissipated, and the brave heroes retired to their homes. The mindweaver's tentacles slowly settling, imperceptably rippled from an inaudible: click... click.... click of tapping bones. Perhaps they have merely retreated, ready to return another week.

Pixyrus, Tweek516, 4NIK8 and 13 others like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Excellent.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I came, no joke.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

From the thread title I expected this to be nerf thread. The OP delivered nonetheless.

Capitulator likes this.
  6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

How did they get so much stats?

7. Capitulator

Marsh Awakening on the Fentek and Diplomat.
    Death Charged + Soul somethingorother on the Witch.
    Darkmarsh Concealer from Surge: Shadows which procs on illusions (I deployed Darkmarsh Helm as a relic to perma stealth them).

I was just trying out a few things with the BG and got lucky with the match up.

Ballballer likes this.
  8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I played this skirmish with a campaign deck centered around Thirst for Battle and Battle Leader. My Crusaders were something like 80 DEF at the end

9. Capitulator

For you did they get to fill the whole deployment zone with champs on turn 2 (and most turns after too)? I was wondering if Illusion of Lies was stuffing things up and they were getting a free deploy for each of my deploys (illusions) or something like that.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

They deployed a lot, but I don't think it ever filled the deploy zone. I've heard of that happening with the sunderpede and gobbo broot skirmishes with Illusion of Lies, too, though.

Capitulator likes this.
  11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist