Brewmaster + Void Shield (not a nerf thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Makorov, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

He didn't have this until recently, correct?

If so, I was curious as to why he got it. He seemed very run-able before and I was wondering what was the need for the buff.

Also, I don't get why void shield was used. Like he's a dwarf that drinks. Fire bomb, makes sense. Disease breath, ok.
    But Void Shield?

Not a nerf thread! I'm just genuinely curious as to why these changes were made, and why Void Shield was chosen!
    Thanks for any replies

2. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

nice thank you for telling em i missed this, will try it out

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The reasoning behind it was that people complained about AoEs, so sok decided toe remove access for his 2 AoEs and wanted to give him defensive abities instead of Disease breath.

Makorov likes this.
  4. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

seems like a buff to me i am all for tanking with my dwarfs

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

disease breath was a really stupid joke, im so thankful that it was removed.

void shield seems strange flavor-wise, but this guy's whole design is around getting tankier the more he's on the front lines fighting, so in that way void shield fits really well in his kit.

Makorov likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

just a random defensive ability that was slapped on him with little thought of the consequences, happens alot in this game. It coulda been worse tho, they coulda shoeboxed him.

super71 likes this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly firebomb should be removed and replaced with keg toss, besides the hooligan he is the only champ that makes sense for him to have that ability, doesn't make sense to me the noble has keg toss and he doesn't. With that noted he should lose void shield and gain a different defensive ability.

8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Doesn't make sense for him to have firebomb? Really?

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

On that note, he's holding a bottle of liquor which is distilled, not brewed? Should he be the Distillmaster? BoozeLord?

I've always despised elevating alcohol and intoxication to some sort of racial theme. The Oktoberfest expansion of Tanto Cuore was the only one I didn't buy. It's such a niche interest of some people who just LOVE alcohol I never understand how it gets pushed into such prominence.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Looks a fair bit like a molotov cocktail. Seeing as how the flames do not come directly from the mouth of the bottle, but behind it. One can reasonably say that there's a rag in the bottle, and that is what's on fire.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

he should have keg toss and fire bomb. Also keg toss should knockback like it used to before they gutted the ability...

dwarves were a near perfect theme, same with skeezick and sokolov managed to ruin all the work done with a couple of terrible changes players experienced and skilled with the themes told him not to make.

Alot of the main races need more alt damage. draksar, dwarves, demon, etc, they are way too physical heavy. They dont need new champs for this they just need to change some of the old champs attack types.(the ones that arent crap/shoeboxed)

12. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the replies!

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

thanks for posting

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ehh does it make more sense for firebomb or keg toss, I guess I should have stated it that way.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Firebomb cuz he isn't holding a Keg.

Tweek516, Osidan and newsbuff like this.
  16. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

before anyone does anything, let him have void shield for a vile please, because pesonallyi love void shield, and i love brewmaster. So dont ruin this for me :D

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Brewmaster, as always, is only a problem if you let him him stack Thirst for Battle(and if you don't play a faction with spot removal). He's easier to deal than he was back then because it's easier to counter Void Shield than Tough, and his damage output is way lower than it ever was.