bring back Aspect Of Violence...

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by haiden, Mar 16, 2014.

1. haiden

haiden Member

I sincerely think that there was no need to remove whirl of blades as an upgrade.
    It was actually fun to play with sand bg.
    U already nerfed a lot of sl runes but i dont think aspect needed that nerf.

2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The combo with whirl and mobility on the aspect was op. Its still an awesome champ worth its 90 nora. I use it on almost all my bgs

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

No thanks. Don't bring him anywhere.

4. haiden

haiden Member

hes only got 6 speed mate and hes big too
    easy to counter aswell
    that whirl of blades was one of the things that made him good

5. Kampel

Having 6 spd doesnt make a champeon bad.

Yes, he is fat and easy to counter. Thats why you shouldn't make a bg around that one champ but part of a strategy.

Whirl was imbalanced on this champeon. Focus on the other things that make this champeon good, counter attack, Fury attacks, life syphon, scale armor.

Since AoV lost whirl the superchamp bgs that only rlyed on it stop working, try other strategys

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Soulfear was still running her AoV deck in top ranks before the DoG changeover. Trust me, for the sake of real players everywhere, you DON'T want that ability back. I for one am glad AoV's best days are behind him.

RedScarlet likes this.
  7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I miss it because of the amusing split in which I placed an arachnablade on AoV. It's not nearly as good any more.

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

AoV is doing just fine in his nice cozy spot in the shoebox and I can think of no real reason to remove him from his very comfortable location.

Now if only mimic and minefield would join him...

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uhm ill go with no

10. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

oh god no

11. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

He is still a beast 1v1.

12. Kampel

Actually he is a demigod.

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

He is not shoebox. o_O
    Why do people call 'shoebox' on every nerfed Rune?

Kampel likes this.
  14. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

For some people, it may be a rune that exists only in their shoebox =P. Though the definition of Shoebox definitely varies from person to person =P.

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

While I wasn't familiar with the original use of the word, I understand it referred to those cards you put aside to not see in your Rune Manager while building BGs. It didn't necessarily mean those cards were bad, just that you never used them in your own BGs. But it seems the term got shifted and focused towards the meaning of Runes that are just generally considered bad. Likely because most Runes in the Shoebox were put there for that reason, moreso than "I never play X because I don't feel like it".

If someone says a Rune got shoeboxed by a nerf, they can be using either of 2 meanings:
    1) "shoebox" as in "it's no longer interesting", when the Rune no longer fills a particular role/niche for which someone used it; saying this is perfectly fine by itself, but NOT when someone is saying that as if it got 'shoeboxed' (with this particular meaning) for everyone. It's just not right to speak for everyone when saying things like that, unless there's a known general consensus (which obviously there isn't, proof this very topic). (There's also an interesting point to be made here about what 'is usable' versus 'what players perceive as usable', something game designers deal with a lot)

2) The second meaning and the one that most people seem to use is "shoebox" as in "undepowered in a way that makes the Runes not see play (almost) ever". I believe this is the meaning that was used here. I generally dislike this attitude by players of various games (including Pox and LoL players) to call 'shoebox' (or whatever equivalent there is for other games) when something gets nerfed but ISN'T necessarily unusable. It reveals the fact that said players were appreciating the Rune (or whatever other equivalent for other games) simply for its OPness. Wanting to win is fine, but I dislike the players who have close to no regard for what they actually use, as long as it's "OP". Not to mention the fact that such players tend to be quite...'vocal', which is never gonna do a game any good, even if it doesn't necessarily do any harm.
    This isn't to say that MovnTarget is necessarily that kind of player, but in this particular instance he talked like that. Though there's also something to be said here about what is 'balanced' versus 'what players perceive as fun', another thing that game designers have to deal with a lot.

I also happen to disagree with "shoeboxing" an unfun Rune as a real solution. That's just taking the easy way out. This isn't a printed game and balancing Runes is a thing in Pox, so things should be balanced and reworked into viable stuff, not shoeboxed.

TL;DR: apple pie.

16. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

You got it pretty much. The Shoebox was a place where you put your additional copies of runes, and all the runes that you felt would never really make it into a BG/Trade fodder. Generally I think the idea when people say something is Shoeboxed, I think it is a general mix. Given a particular theme or deck type (insects, Draksar, myx, goodstuffs) if rune doesn't really fit into one or any of those (most likely any) and there are other runes that are indeed better and would generally not be used, even situationally (unless you are intentionally trying to build a badstuffs bg), then it is placed in the shoebox.

17. multimidia

multimidia The King of Potatoes

the aspect of violance is very easy to kill, life has to be increased at least a 15 hp

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

10/10

Mallious likes this.
  19. multimidia

multimidia The King of Potatoes

10/10?????

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Instead of just increasing his HP, I'd like to see something that makes him tougher to kill a certain way, such as Tough or Resist Physical.