Budget Competitive

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Vorian, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

dude l2poxbase :p

(you linked dragon gods staff, not a deck list)

Vorian likes this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

lol, he deleted the post XD

4. Vorian

I fixed it.

5. Anima26

Only 1 Stalker Lord? Sandspout and Sand Generator wouldnt be in any of my decks. Swap Sandspout for Sandstorm. Id also run either Psions or Dartwings for more range.

All budget stuff, easy to obtain and nothing above rare.

Sandstalker is too expensive for my liking, dies real easy. Sandhunter is meh in beasts let alone outside of it. And i wouldnt run Sand Scorpion outside of a bug deck neither. Better options. Demonic Sandclaw is way better than Sand Scorpion. Imo.

Vorian likes this.
  6. Anima26

Quarry Mark is a common and worth a slot too.

Vorian likes this.
  7. Vorian

Do you run Sandstalker Lord with hidden sand or sandstriker? I run demonic Sandclaws and Sand Scorpions, but I might drop them for dart wings.

8. Anima26

I actually take Desert Camo for xtra tankiness. I run two Mantles though so i can easily give him Striker if situation calls for it. I like Dartwings. Sandclaw is cheap as chips.

Vorian likes this.
  9. Vorian

Sand Claw is completely OP in Sand decks! It has like 18 damage and 3 def + the SL bonus. I am trying it out with counter attack melee though... I also run the Sandhunters for sandspray + sandfall to trigger Sand striker, hidden sand + domain sand. You cant underestimate a stealthed range champ.

10. Anima26

I guess its an option in a budget set up, Imperator is infinitely better but obviously isnt really a budget option. I have too many bad experiences with hidden sand. It lures me into a false sense of security, one AoE or cone and Sandhunters resting in pepperonis. Same issue with Sandstalker, except for the fact that he gives himself away with his sand gen too.

Vorian likes this.
  11. Anima26

Sand Elemental is worth a look when looking for budget options. Taint that mofo and have him be Sandstalker Lords sidekick. Dragonclaw is a good equip for him for when ppl think going melee with him will save them.

Vorian likes this.
  12. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Ok so you want to build sand do you?? >:D

Ok for champs first: Tardigrads are absolute Mvps in sand but I know they aren't really budget friendly.
    Range is a problem for sand true but try running alchemists. They are feeling amazing with their damage output and the potion.
    If you are wanting stealth, in sand do not think about it in the same way. It is a method to make your opponants waste Nora and ap to find you. The lord will never truly be hidden due to his sand font (which you want on him).
    Those sand claws pack a punch but are squishy so watch that.
    Eles are great budget friendly pseudo range/tanks.
    Imperators are also incredibly valuable to sand due to font and their aoe attacks.
    Ppl really give sand hunter a hard time but he isn't bad. Sure better options than him maybe, but I run him.
    Sand stalker is just as they sand, too squishy for what he does. Love him thematically but he doesn't make the cut.
    Camou on the lord makes him pretty Tanky, don't discount it, but sandstriker is good too.
    And as much as I hate it, sand spout really sucks. Definitely put in sandstorm
    I need to update it, but here is a only slightly out dated sand guide:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/dunewalkers-fieldguide-to-sand.15178/

Anima26 likes this.
  13. Anima26

Yeah Imperators are excellent. Just dont let them get Fading Recollectioned.

fattyy2k likes this.
  14. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Yup you have a mobile font contestor at that point :p

Anima26 likes this.
  15. Anima26

I tend to include Reforge when i run Imperators just incase i face UD and he gets FR'd, i can drop a Dragonclaw on him so hes not just a fangless font contester. Reforge has the added utility of being anti equip too if im not vs UD.