Buff Ud's Ranged Units

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 19, 2015.

1. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

We're on the same page as far as Harbs go. I think that preserving the collectors aspect of the game is important, yet people who have extremely rare LE's shouldn't have an unfair advantage. I'm completely on board with banning them from ranked play.

Here is where I draw the line though. I've been playing this game for a while, and through the years it seems as though some factions are slowly losing their "uniqueness". I'd prefer if UD kept it's flavor. We don't have huge access to 6 range archers, but our few range units are solid. I'd much prefer that we kept our faction identity.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the relocation and demon shield nerf causes a problem in competitive when going up against factions with alot of cc and powerful ranged units. That is why it is important now for UD to have decent ranged options.

3. spineyftw

Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.26.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.27.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.26.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.28.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.28.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.29.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.29.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.30.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.30.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 3.32.04 PM.png

Goyo, Pattn199, Fentum and 5 others like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

5. spineyftw

Are you implying that because they aren't as good as UD harb they aren't "decent ranged options"?

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

only 3 of the runes you listed are good ranged options, renovator is le, 1 is shockbow with mediocre damage, grimlic expensive to deploy, limited to 1 per bg, and dies from 1 cc.

spineyftw likes this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Gonna turn this thread towards a positive and true direction.

[​IMG]

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

that's a good father.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

If You need A ranged combination other than Grim and Shock bow... Not much to really say other than stop playing UD wrong.

Goyo, Pattn199, darklord48 and 4 others like this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

tell me how to play UD when you learn how to play UD.

11. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Not sure how much my opinion will matter in this thread being a UD loyalist. But for me its not the issue of UD not having range. Its the issue of every faction having access to uber dmg, hard counters to anti-range, and AOE's that are flat out better than UD spells. I never understood why UD wasn't able to have AOE3 spells.

I would prefer to have more options to deal with CC and and anti-range counters. Instead of more range....I would like to have some options to stay alive in the event I fail to one turn your champ. Instead of more range I would prefer solid anti-spell counters. Lastly I would love more synergy that plays to UD strengths.

For example....I used Nefari Guardian for bodyguard because it was one of the only options I had to survive a round where I had to endure a power turn. But honestly I hate the rune. It doesn't support the UD rush your face mentality. THAT is our strong point. We are not late game. We are not range. Give me more grant aura, reflexes, and support runes who don't do damage but maximize the champs that do.

I dont want to be blended into the same lame lane every other faction is in where they have everything. I would rather keep my faction identity and expand on it.

Super lame that shadow master lost stealth. Its small but major changes like this that stopped me from wanting to get back into the game. Another example is nerfing imps because of summon issues. Soon there wont be a champ worth putting in a Maxx bg. Maybe increase the minimum cost to 75 for champs he can summon from the rune dock.

Hopefully pox finds faction identity and the balls to stop listening to every nerf herder who lives in the forums. Just because you scream the loudest doesn't make you right.

Gnomes likes this.
  12. xxLordQxx

FYI I have UD harbs and dont play them often. They dont fit into the theme I play and become a false crutch.

Fentum likes this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

alot of what your saying makes sense but what I am asking for is easier and a simpler fix. Keeping UD melee without 1 turn relocate would take fixing the other areas you are talking about and I think the devs would take to long doing this... I just want as much as possible to be in a solid and competitive state asap. I also want the outliers gone.(the super op and super bad runes)

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lol, dzso would be killing everybody if he had UD harbs.

15. xxLordQxx

Assumptions are easy.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nothing I said was an assumption. Especially my post prior to this one.

17. xxLordQxx

I do agree that a real fix would take longer than a band aid. But from my memory what made pox so special to so many people was the fact that you had faction identities. UD harb is a collectors rune and expensive. But for what it brings to UD its well worth it. It just feels real cheezy when using it. If I want to win by any means necessary then yes....I will probably include the harb in almost every UD bg.

18. xxLordQxx

I havent watched him play. So honestly I dont know. He is a good UD player. What I am saying is that at the cost to deploy the harb does effect your tempo. Atleast is does for me.

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Wait guys... How has anyone playing UD won any games without harbs... Oh right they're not needed to play UD sucesfully.

Goyo, Pattn199, darklord48 and 6 others like this.
  20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

there is no way to create the perfect bg for any faction, different runes have different uses and will probably have a counter from another bg somewhere out there.

sure you can use harbs if you have them, but be damned if i'm not going to use goblin archer sometime for how much damage he can hit for. Or use bloodbow for bleed.