Buff Ud's Ranged Units

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 19, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

he is about as good. I won't say who is better. He isn't clearly better like dzso or devilsrath.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

<3

i feel you people are forgetting @badgerale , he's a UD legend like it or not :)

Pattn199 likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

may be a legend but skill wise there are UD players that have surpassed him.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I mean it took me a while to understand this , but just because you play better doesn't mean you know better. Even when i was at my best i still asked "lower ranks" for advice.

It's easy to dismiss a lot of opinions simply because " they aren't competitive players", But the truth is they know a lot about the game too; Just might not put in as much practice game-play wise.

5. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

I just want to say that I play only UD and I hate the idea of UD having more/better range options. We are UD. We don't do the whole range thing. We punish those who do!

Pattn199 likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

That sounds good but in practice doesn't work unless the faction has adequate tools to deal with what other factions bring to the table. There are currently many ways around arrow eater champs and demon shield and relocate have been nerfed.

If you don't want to address the issues of UD having no spell blocker, cleanse, strong cc, or healing, then making UD's ranged champions more solid would be a good solution and would be easy to do.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Then perhaps find a better way to change that than crying "please, ruin the faction identity of UD some more".

saromon50 likes this.
  8. saromon50

In that case I would argue we work on gaining said "tools". Get UD's antirange back on its feet! :D

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Working on the other issues are more difficult and there is no guarantee they would be done properly. Buffing UD's subpar ranged champs would be a much easier and faster fix.

Just because the faction is melee focused does not mean that its ranged champs have to be terrible. In my opinion the faction is more damage focused than anything and this is something nearly all of its ranged champs severely lack.

I don't see why UD ranged champs only recieve half a faction bonus. No other faction has to deal with that, you don't see SL ranged units getting half their bonus or kf ranged getting half a speed.

10. saromon50

These other issues may be more difficult, but I would prefer them to dismantling the factions identity further. I can live with having a few ok ranged champs, but I don't believe that a ranged champ in UD should ever be equivalent to a KF ranged champ.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nobody is asking for equivelency, just for the UD ranged champs to stop sucking. bloodbow and goblin archer are terrible(no hp and no damage), nefari shockbow has 9 base damage and only gets half the UD bonus... grimlic is 100 nora, with almost nothing to keep him alive or buff him, harbs are 100$, renovators are pretty solid but overcosted nora wise and easily killed.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you give some examples of how these champs should be buffed? For instance, provide stats for a champion which you think would be an improvement. Abstractions are great, but try putting down some actual numbers.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

goblin archer needs cost reductions, a couple more damage and like 10-15 more hp.
    bloodbow needs 5-10 more hp, and like 2 more damage. also could use some change in its base abilities. the blood theme stuff should be upgrade lines
    grimlic could use cost reductions and possibly less damage to fix his nora cost, these high cost units often times arent really reliable in ud.(no heals, cleanse, cc protection)
    renovator could use like 5 hp and like a 5 nora cost reduction.
    shockbow just needs a couple more damage and or a dot on its 2nd upgrade line.

the ud faction bonus not fully applying to range really screws over these champs. They are basically getting half a bonus.

14. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Yes, buff UD range units, makes so much sense... That way, you will take tons of damage from melee range and from afar. :rolleyes:

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

just like you do from kf... I think all ud units should get the full 4+ damage faction bonus.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, and do you think those changes should keep the units in line with the current formula, or would these be free-of-charge changes? +10 HP +2 DMG on the Gobo without anything else, for instance, about be equivalent to a -10 to -15 modifier. Also, it would help to see exactly what kind of numbers you have in mind; it's easier for others to follow "Goblin Archer: DMG 8 -> 10, HP 32 -> 45" than "i think archer needs like some more damage and maybe about this much more HP."

17. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I thought we don't want faction similarity. ;)

#rekt

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

change goblin archers range from 3-6 to 4-6, 5-6, 3-5, or 4-5.( i think 4-6 or 5-6 would be best)
    remove retreat
    give him 2+ damage
    10-15 hp
    I would like to see him end up at around 73ish nora or less. maybe a little more because of the new formula but not much over.

add 10 hp to bloodbow infantry or remove ammunition and add 5 hp.
    add 2 more upgrade lines to the first(maybe execute, flank, or deep wounds)
    remove thrash add something else(bloodtracker?)
    2+ damage

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What would you suggest for his second upgrade line? At 5-6 range, you're still looking at ~+7 nora on him, which would bring the minimum build up to 80, assuming he gets no other changes.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

for 2nd upgrade line encourage, opportunistic, rain of arrows