Build a Dev Battlegroup Contest Has Ended & We Have a Winner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Greetings Everyone,

As mentioned on a recent PoxNora_Live stream I was considering crowed sourcing a Battlegroup, and now it is a reality. I want you to build me a Battlegroup.

Why? Because we want to involve the community in what we do.

Guidelines:
    1. Make a post in this thread.
    2. Provide a PoxBase link to your Battlegroup suggestion. http://poxbase.com/#!/home
    3. Include a short description of why you think this is a good Battlegroup for me, and how it is intended to function.
    Note: If you make changes to your Battlegroup just change your original post instead of creating a new one.

How to pander:
    • Dragons
    • Tortuns
    • Wolves
    • General Stupidity
    • Passive abilities over active abilities.
    • Abilities that give multiple attacks e.g. Manic, Aggressive, etc.
    • Battlegroup needs to be competitive.
    Rewards:
    We are bringing back Player Awards, and this is an excellent chance for us to bring it back. The player who suggests the Battlegroup I choose will receive a unique player award, and runners up will also have a chance to get a Player Award.

The contest will be open for about a week.

Have fun, and may the most absurd Battlegroup win!

The contest has ended and a winner has been chosen follow this link to find out http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...ev-battlegroup-contest.2374/page-3#post-33664

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I don't understand, the battlegroup is supposed to be silly? or I have to watch the stream to understand?

3. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C7UC51C3yCiiC1KciGC3vC2PCwQCddS16S7is5-SkS5qS7m
    I heard you like wolves. The point of the deck is to summon wolves, or create the sense that there are, indeed, wolves out. Every champ is, looks like, or is in some capacity, able to wolf. The spells either make wolves, wolf illusions, keep wolves alive, or demonstrate the sheer fear that wolves cause your opponent.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It doesn't have to be silly it can be serious, but I do like some silly or stupid design mechanics that are also functional. More or less if I find it funny then that helps your chances.

This will be the Battlegroup I will be playing so it needs to be competitive.

5. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

[quote="Senshu, post: 29429, member: 3"
    This will be the Battlegroup I will be playing so it needs to be competitive.[/quote]
    Oh.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Silly and competitive? Easy.
    Just use the one with Aspect of Chaos and Ghost Stalker giving him Ghostly Visage.
    There you go.
    Edit: I will try to help out seriously this weekend, though, seems like a fun exercise. Also, do bring back Player Awards.

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPCtck-ciNCh+C5LCjUckBCg@coucjZs6ZSpSnS46S5BrNr1e2we2y

This bg is something I've been messing around with for a while. Im currently 49-2 with it in ranked and ranking at rank 9 limited.

The reason I like this is because it's amazing in all 3 stages of the game and has many ways for on spot removal. (Slam/Poison Cloud, Domi/Poison Cloud, Domi/Chasm, Voices in the head/Chasm and stempdes etc) I also think this is good bg for a newer player because all the champs in it (except from eye of serkan) are vary basic and dont have any complicated mechanics.

8. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CkHCuXCpXCkuci3Cd6cu0CjFCh1caQs8os4Ws2HS6Fs73s7us4Ps4Tr20r1Oe1Ue1l
    Dragging Trouble

The point of the deck is to pull,drag,relocate ennemies into trouble
    Exemple: Drag into: Defensive Strike, Fire Wall, Tunnel Ambush, Lava Trap, Drag ennemies back into Sandspout AoE, Gather ennemie together for maddening echoes, Position ennemies for a nice Flamethrower, Drag into punishing aura range or into snogvies Defeaning aura
    The arachnablade is there to trigger Creep and Crawl on Demobarb and the Summon Trap Spider
    The Mengclang have some sort of pseudo-shatter with sword breaker, but the BG lacks detection, but Snogvie can act as a pseudo on deploy detection (most of the time he is better than actual detection when deployed at the right moment)
    Purge for obvious reasons, quicken to double-drag or kill, Slum Market for refund on Erupt :p
    This bg have high One-turn potential, and is hard for the ennemy to calculate, since you can Drag-Chain into the range of your other champions
    But most of all, it is really fun to play!
    Hope you like it ;) I wanted to add traps champion, but i find it harder to pull off, since you gotta be close and personal
    Edit: Made some minor changes to the spells

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  9. only

only Active Member

is Slum Market+Erupt combo intentional? and for the sake of pox, add second Pillars of Flame!

49-2? no words...

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  11. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Ok this battlegroup have close to evrything you asked for ..
    Dragons/INSANE multy attacks/Passive over active/General stupidity/And is very competative even if you lose all fonts you can still win
    And instead of explaining how to play the bg here I could show you on tg/skype or something , would be a lot easier for me but I can do it here as well if it is a problem
    This is AoV bg with ST. You can make this bg with SP as well but i like soul frost + staff insanes
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cu@CozChaChHChLs7Ks6ws5hS5qs6Us84S5ts73s18sNS2KS5js6fr2uE1D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  12. HalfGodBro

yes it is intentional :p going to add it into the description, and maybe remove a Sheoul fireball for a second pillars of flame, thx

13. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cqbc24Cpfc1@cgjC6iCkPCddcgkc86S3mS7s5-S2LSkS4VS2ts6grU

Has the potential to be one of the most OP decks on pox at the moment. Best thing? nobody else is using it.

As it is for an owl, it contains two owls, which are boosted with the other beasts, by the beast tamer. It has a lot of pet champs for the extra HP and damage for free.

The deck has range, melee, combo's (carniverous vines + slam) free meat, absurd single target spell damage, lots of aoe damage and lots of ap gen. What more could you want from a deck? PS. it contains owls.

dsjtheman likes this.
  14. only

only Active Member

HERE IS MY ENTRY!

KF/FW Cute deck
    • limited runes (skins)
    • 30 different runes, because having 2x Thorn Collection doesn't count
    • eventhough the idea was to be fun, it noticed it ended up with actually good runes. on top of that, it has mix of everything:range type/distance, various counters etc. it seems like you can do well with it and still have shinny toys around.

yes, I actually played very close to this deck. I'm missing boghopper zombie though. I like Dugon+Anathema combo. especially, if Pink Coragh is around. because Pinkie and White Dugon are unstoppable brothers.

you need to show them who is the boss here, play those shinny toys and lose/win in style.

I already won against ijambkajak with this deck. no Tales of Valor will stop any thing being cut in heart, by heart and "above" heart.

P.S. using Xulos as spell in splits will break your opponent any hope. especially, that's Valentine Xulos.

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CozCdicipCd0CaPCaOCaUcaIcdS6ms19sqs6-s5BS2KR1_R2VE2ve38

So, you like to make lots of attacks, do you? Lots and lots of attacks? Well then look no further than this deck! Here we have a Snaptooth/ST BG, one of my own unique creations. The basic premise here is to abuse the Snaptooth racial as much as possible, using runes from ST to facilitate this. The key rune here is Soul Frost. Simply put, this rune combos amazingly with Snaps; cast it once, and you'll never have to worry about nora for the next 6 turns. Cast it twice, and you'll be rolling in nora for the rest of the game. In order to provide the ice/snow for this to work, Arctic Gift is here to grant Ice Veil to the next few champs you deploy. They should preferably be Snaps, so that your FS units don't become impeded by the ice and lose speed.

If, however, you find yourself lacking in speed, Chronomancer provides Haste to increase the number of attacks your Snaps can put out per turn. Spell Shift will also let you get your key spells like Soul Frost off CD faster. One other major combo to note is Coord Tower; because the Snap racial allows for so many attacks, Coordination is an obvious include for powerturns, allowing all your champs to have access to Encouraged. Snap Crypt is a cheap font contester that also grants Essence Capture to all Snaps in AOE 8. This only further adds to the massive nora gen potential of this deck. If you find that you're lacking in Coord Towers to drop, Ferren Master is there with Coordination as well to provide a mobile, tanky version of the Coord Tower relic.

The rest of the deck is standard goodstuff fodder, but just to go over the main points in short:

1. Massively insane nora gen with Soul Frost + Snap racial and Crypt

2. Amazing powerturns with Coord Tower/Ferren Master + Snap racial

3. Chronomancer provides Haste to power up the generally slow Snaps, and Spell Shift allows you to spam Soul Frost much easier

4. Other nifty little combos (e.g. Manacles + Multiattack champs, Hippo Stampede adding damage for Encouraged, Snowdrift Charm + Engangling Attack = 5 AP to move 1 space)

Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask! Runes you might want to consider as well: Gale Force, Ice Storm, Blizzard Cloak, Yeti Curate, Snaptooth Chilean.

16. only

only Active Member

another suggestion would be to run Patience spell. I'm running it and it's the most blast you could get from Poxnora.

this is why:
    • when you cast Patience, it might affect another nearest champion (as the description says), but it might not. you simply don't know!
    • sometimes the target is Stunned. it doesn't take DMG, but is simply stunned. even if the description doesn't mention anything about stun. even if in order to be stunned, you need to take dmg. it simply breaks this rule. but don't forget. getting stun is as much likely as not getting it.
    • cleansing, dispelling or purging works and doesn't work at the same time. some conditions are removed, some are not, but the effect remains (despite the results).

so any deck with Patience is a real winner here. ST/SL Pushishing Aura + Patience is my suggestion. go for it.

17. HalfGodBro

if Senshu uses an AoV + Soul Frost + Lusara's staff Powercreep BG...i'm losing hope in the future of Poxnora lol

Goyo likes this.
  18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Boghopper zombie is not a reskin, the bg is ruined for me :(

19. only

only Active Member

well, I didn't run it since I don't have it.

but since you have it, be my guest and play it! we need more cute decks in rotation...

20. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c8dc...CyFcufs4@s2ls2Hs86sAs2zr20rNrWr2ae24e2we25e2K

I'm afraid this isnt really competetive in higher ranks. But you can definetly compete in lower ranks.
    It contains both Tortuns and stupidity with absurd combos. Like triple tapping with a tortun mortar who has a Firelight Gem equipped and will thus "single"handedly annihilate any shrine.

I will update a little later with a more competetive BG though. As you didnt state that we could only post one :p