Building a FAQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is an important subject and should be addressed more, I feel.
    For example: with the key I will be able to retrieve all my account info, but from what I understood it´s not certain that I will have my ingame name; so if anyone wants to claim the name "TinyDragon" they will be able to. Right?

2. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Will you address the ineffective state of the combat log?

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

They have stated that they intend that the IGNs would be preserved as they currently are on PoxNora.

=> Source

4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Will the account transfer link on the old Pox Nora site be available only on March 6th or will it persist for a longer window of time?

5. KTCAOP

A few people have asked and I don't recall if it was officially stated.

But what will happen with the current format of Tournaments and what will happen with our tickets?

6. alex2751

alex2751 Well-Known Member

Would expansion be also on transfer day or that would happen down the road?

7. KTCAOP

They have stated that an expansion would be down the road :)

=> Redirected

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

There will be a rank reset with the transition?

9. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

The planning is that on the 6th of march the transition will take place and we can transfer our accounts. Does that mean we can play the game, use the new website, trade and use full functionality on the 6th? Or will that be the 7th or 8th or even in a week?

(Stealth question, I, as poxbox, want to know if I need to take a day off from work or not :p)

10. KTCAOP

The *plan is to have it done by tomorrow the 6th.

As to if we will really be able to, we shall see. Barring any technical hiccups, let's hope for the 6th.

But yes, I guess we should have an !uptime Estimator! =P

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  11. Redashes

Redashes The King of Potatoes

Will POXNORA still be on STEAM and will I have to update it with a new launcher? I play path of exile I also try to get people to come check out are game here as well when they are looking for change. I feel this game is a new fresh start for them.

12. KTCAOP

PoxNora has been removed from Steam

=> Redirected

13. Redashes

Redashes The King of Potatoes

Will you consider re-skinning some pox rune's so new players can have them as well. I own 2 UD harbingers and I am ok with this or consider just reissuing them out in the core set as a chance to be obtained . I would like the opportunity to get more and play with them in other factions as well. Also will you consider reverting initiative back to what it use to be.

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Just to clear things up a bit. The 6th is the day of the transition. This is all the back-end stuff that may take a while, so don't expect to be playing the game or transferring your account until Friday, See Hawkfin's post. There are a lot of unknowns, our programmers are in overdrive trying to make sure everything is working.

15. KTCAOP

Right, that post was made before Hawkfain's announcement >_<. Sorry, if you would like I can edit it.

16. Shadap

Shadap The King of Potatoes

I still play pox on steam. You can't download it anymore but if you have it in your list you can still launch and play it. I'm guessing this will end tomorrow.

17. KTCAOP

You can still launch things through steam, for instance, you can still launch League of Legends through Steam even though it's been removed o_O. You can add applications and stuff to steam to be launched through there as well. However… for all intents and purposes, it's been removed

18. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

not gonna lie when I saw the thread title I thought this was a guide to making guides :p

19. Vamania

Vamania The King of Potatoes

Not sure if it should be in the transition FAQ or a more generic game FAQ, but a "Brief History of Pox Nora" for those that have not been around the whole time might be needed.

20. KTCAOP

I do have one written from my beginner's guide, but what do you feel should be included?