Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by JazzMan1221, Feb 27, 2014.
Is it worth running ivory wing?
Any eta on an update to this guide?
How current is this and is there a current place to view valid decks at this time. What should I be looking at creating: Construct? Barbs? Dwarves? Mixed races?
This has been outdated for ages.
All of IS' themes (maybe besides FF Beasts/wings) are in a great place.
Constructs are good, although I wouldn't recommend them for the average player.
Barbs/Paladins are somewhat expensive to build. But if you can build a Barb BG do it.
Dwarves are cheap and good.
Grints are good, but the small champ pool makes them predictable.
I've been meaning to get on that, but I barely play the game anymore. I'd be more than happy to have someone update it, though I feel like some parts are still useful. At any rate, it at least gives a semi-accurate overview of the purpose of each Dwarf, despite being dated as hell.
Is anyone currently running a successful Barb BG? I'd like to know what to focus on when rebuilding my collection and BG? I would say the same for Constructs.
https://poxbase.com/deck/ChZCdHc9bcoJcpHcjjcu6ck7ckjC1ZCd1cy@ and 2 Pureblood Plainswalker is my BG.
There are so many good Barbs (Huntress, Fury of the Storm, Isran, etc) that i'm constantly changing it up. Right now i'm messing around with Fist of Bastion.
Markoth posted his Construct BG in the IS meta deck thread. Again, there are many good constructs so it's a personal preference to which ones you run.
So do you run 13 champs? How about the Pride of Sarnghaver spell?
The link I posted shows 16, then I run 2 Purebloods so 18 total. I don't use Pride, but that's because i'm so used to my average spellset I wouldn't know what to drop.
For those that care, I've just finished updating the entire guide. This includes the following:
- Champion review now covers ALL Dwarves released thus far, up to and including Visions of Amareth
- Text color changed from a blinding white wall to a pale shade of blue that's (hopefully) easier on the eyes
- Updated every champion review (ratings, upgrades, and strategy notes) to account for all changes that have happened in Pox since the last update of this guide
- Updated example decks to be more modern representations of the Dwarf theme
- Updated tips and tricks section to be more relevant
Planning on doing some other things with the guide too. Minor visual/readability improvements, adding more example decks, adding more tips and tricks, and perhaps posting some example games by well-known IS players using Dwarves. We'll see how it goes, but for now all criticism is welcome. I'd especially like some feedback regarding what spells/relics/equipment you guys think are worthy of inclusion; just keep in mind that I don't want to cover every single spell in IS, so only the most important will do. Lastly, I'm hesitant to include Griffins in this guide because, even though they're Dwarves, they're also their own separate theme now. Plus, I don't feel that any of them are really relevant in full Dwarves. What do you guys think about this?
Saves you time to not include Griffins so I say leave them out.
Daaaaang. Nicely done. Few champs I'd bump up or down a half a star or so but generally everything is spot on. Personally I think dwarves are best run as a bizarre carouse, paladin hybrid.
Currently in the process of updating due to the midterm changes. I've also decided on a few things:
- Text color has been changed to gold. This was done primarily because the color of blue I used was the exact same color as hyperlink text, and I didn't want people constantly clicking on things that weren't actually links. Also, Dwarves kinda have a thing for gold, so it seemed to fit thematically.
- Inspired by Markoth's guide to Paladins, I will be including PoxBase links to each of the listed runes via their title. This should help for both identification and reference purposes.
- I will be leaving all Griffin units out of the guide. I feel that they are fleshed out enough as a theme to have their own guide at this point, and I don't want to give players the wrong idea regarding their power level.
Any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask!
★ Here is a gold star for your work. They are prettier than asterisks.
Nice! It's great to see that you are keeping your guide up to date at such a regular frequency.
Hey JazzMan, how up to date is this?
It's perfectly up to date as far as I know. All recent changes to Dwarf champions have been added, but if you notice anything that's out of place, do let me know and I'll get right on it.
Ok good to know
How would you rate St. Semmirs Brew? Cause its missing
And the difference between Poxtoberfest Maiden and Beermaiden.
Separate names with a comma.