Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Most recent patch changed Protective to +2 damage instead of 3 but it now stacks. This is a good thing but the stacks are showing up as abilities rather than conditions so you cannot dispel them. Protective could also use a cap of 3 so as not to be completely crazy on ranged.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Can Locust get nerfed so it doesn't have Locust Swarm and Swarm base? It's too strong.

Netherzen and Qucas like this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

They should be Dispellable (I will check), but I'll request a fix for the fact they show up as abilities instead of conditions.

4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov You know I gripe about nerfs a lot. I don't like them. But, when you do make a good change I try to also let you know that. I really dislike the hunter:x changes, I personally feel they are extremely underwhelming now especially compared to their old status. However, I really, really like this protect change. Very cool that it stacks and @Markoth's suggestion to limit it to 3 or 4 is probably a good idea. So, kudos bro.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Can Grintmaw Rockslinger get a better range (4-5) and get a U1 that is more useful?

Hell, even something like Empowered: Range, Strike, etc. would work.

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

So Magnus the Fallen and Voil King Ruubgaal in the same bg is going to be a possibility?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think the Amount of surged spirits is a bit much. Between the multi summon abilities spirits within spell lich magistrates restless souls arroyo portal (which i think needs to lose HP per summon) haunt and replicate unit its stupidly easy to build up a strong summon base not including the low cost champions.

On top of that there's also
    Whisperghast
    Lich Magistrate
    Utterdark Soulrender
    Nether Wraith
    Shadestriker
    Arroyo Shadestriker
    Skeletal Lerper
    and an encouraged unit in Arroyo Riftlord.

Doesnt really feel like the opponent needs to do much in order to gain the advantage when playing with spirits

Qucas likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am reviewing Surge in general. Expect many units/themes to simply lose access to Surge.

Gnomes, Osidan and Boozha like this.
  9. themacca

have you considered changing surge to be similar to draconic force?

Surge: X
    This champion has +1 damage for each X within 5 spaces of this unit

10. themacca

my guess would be its a CD 3 attack that costs extrra AP? y'know?

11. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I do not think lost trails is playing right. It gives wander to the first enemy champ that enters a friendly deployment zone. BUt it will not let you cast it unless you have a zone and i think it only triggers on that zone. It does not give enemy the wander condition either

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Please. Lets put a stop to defending aura as a soul gem ability. The range is defending aura is greater then other auras and it is very hard to face a battle group where all their champs get defending arua/ among other things. There is no limit to the amount of soul gem abilities one champion can posses.

13. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Deafening aura?

DrakeArron likes this.
  14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

deafening aura, by distracting luminescence

15. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Can Stormreader be changed to increase electric damage done to champions within 5 spaces by 4 or something like that? I just feel the current version is so complex to understand which champion gets hit.

16. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Your mad cause you just lost to it and let me deploy a bunch of champs while you turtled

17. themacca

soooo i still feel swap is beyond absurd. so much so that no nora price can justify the advantages of being able to change positions with the nearest enemy. So i think it should be changed to like a 20 nora spell and make it only target friendlies

Xirone and Woffleet like this.
  18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

That effect for 20 nora would be crazy good. Compare to Bait and Switch.

Also, "no nora cost" is overstating it. No one would play it at 100 nora. You can still make a case for it being overpowered or broken without exaggerating (if you want me to clarify how I think "OP" and "broken" are different, I will, especially because it's directly connected to what you're saying).

19. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

In all seriousness stormreader should be changed.

How about stormreader
    CD2 AP0
    This Champion loses 10 HP all enemy champions within 5 spaces suffer 4 additional electrical damgae.

20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think if you prevented it triggering from certain effects like jolt then it would be fine.