Catapults return

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's a great unit. I found it easier to include when strux didn't have two awesome ranged units.

It's a decent tempo hit in a bg full of tempo hits.

Completely viable and particularly great with dervish.

3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

lol just for giggles im actually running seige engine in my current structs bg... its nice having the boostable aoe but i wouldnt run 2

4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm sure I am alone here but I think it would fantastic to return IS, specifically dwarfs, back to their slower roots where mechanics like catapults dwarf chuck were needed more and dwarfs had to stick together in clusters to survive. Granted a lot would have to change for that to be viable but it would be awesome to have dwarfs being dwarfs again instead of heavy armored super strong sprinters of doom able to fight full demons toe to toe and run with the elfs.

Would just need to have more mechanics to get around slower/clunkier units and/or mix your themes/bgs up with humans who would be faster, or even the new griffins and what not. Catapult, redone/expanded mine network, increased staying power while in formations and ability to reduce AOE/clump killer mechanics, even speed control and things like glorious charge/ap gen/command: charge/ etc.

Dwarfs marching in a tight formation backed by short( 5ish) range units and heavy support abilities and utilizing siege crafts for longer arty like support fire+ inventive ways to close the gap is what IS dwarfs were originally about. Good times. IS, the counter punch faction.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Pfff, buncha posers, I've been running Catapult in my Dwarf deck for months now.

#getonmylevel

dueljewel likes this.
  6. sassquatch

the corps-apult chucking bones isnt the same thing Jazz.

7. Anotherblackman

I think out of all the things you said about it is true, hard to find a spot when protectors are in the back nuking everything.

I wouldn't call it a tempo hit like dwarven engineer however. Its more of tempo hit when its not saving AP, after that you can speed anything you want to the front lines in one turn.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

No really, I mean the Dwarven Catapult; I've had it in my Dwarf deck forever and have been loving it. Really helps extend King's threat range.

9. sassquatch

lol yeah but I couldnt resist a corpse-apult joke.... as a side note chain catapulting is the first "trick" I figured out for myself while learning the game in single player. it is hands down my favorite maneuver. of course I then stomped the hell out of the friend who showed me the game in our first friendly pvp match of king of the hill. sadly I didn't have dwarven king at that point.

10. Mixtli

Mixtli The King of Potatoes

I'm a fan, always have been.

11. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

You were always the best with them. Nice seeing you here.

12. Mixtli

Mixtli The King of Potatoes

I'm bringing them back ... to the future!

13. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

You know I was the one running 2x cata and 2x dervish in a structs bg first.

You copied me, that's ok though. Sign of respect.

For its cost its very efficient, not a tempo hit at all as it can do decent damage at range or via bomb with an engineer out.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lol, even if you were the first one to put those two together that's about as creative as saying "I was the first one to run hammer strike and bane blast."

15. Anotherblackman

before or after it was changed into electricity damage?

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Relocate

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

leap is relocation. Tunnels are not.

18. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was just trollin Ijab. A few threads below in the construct combo thread I lay out the max use of the combo.

Then Ijab is like, " Wut, no one uses catapults?"

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty