Caverunner back to pre-nerf. Discuss!

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Scarebear, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

We lost our no.1 anti rush counter with caverunner and it felt like UD lost some identity along with it. I don't care about the bomb nerf or the new ability she gained (that can go), I just would like to see initiative restored. With initiative back I would run her at same cost. When was the last time you saw a caverunner on the field? She got tapped too hard imo.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

We're trying to DECREASE speed creep here, not increase it. Putting Caverunner back to pre-nerf status would only make the problem worse. Caverunner is viable as she is, and if you're worried about getting rushed as UD, then drop a Pincushion. No sane ranged unit contests vs. Pincushion, and melee contesters had better be hella efficient, or they'll lose any advantage over you.

3. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Caverunner made it possible to not draw lose going second vs. certain factions (you know who you are). Initiative is pointless as a deploy if you go first. Before she was a harasser + go 2nd insurance, now she is just a harasser. Not saying she isn't viable I am saying that nobody runs her anymore because she lost that role. UD has better options for harassing.

4. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Personally, although I can relate to the frustration towards the inability to stop rush tactics, she caused just as many if not more than she prevented.

Honestly, I took solace in the nerf just because she was stale. Some people may find that disagreeable but when everyone and their mother considers a rune 2x auto, and its power curve is hard to define or isn't something you can simply tweak numerically it's probably not so bad just to tweak it in some way to shake up the meta (Not that I agree with the route they took).