Champs from Path~~~expansion that i never seen in game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hello,

I recently play more then i used to, and my observation is that some of new champs never seen gameplay.

I never seen:
    Caustic Slag
    Chipped Boulder Monk
    Circadian Merchant
    Demonic Sandclaw ( not seen this 1 but he seem runable )
    G'hern Pyro
    Jakei Pilgrim
    Motion Sensor
    Mountain Slag
    Ruby Crawler
    Skeezick Trigger
    Solstice Marksman
    Tortun Hawker

what is the problem of those runes ?
    am I just unlucly not to see those ?

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Not going to talk about the non-protectorate runes.

I play Chipped Boulder Monk in my FS collective bg. I have done pretty well with it. I would also run it in FS meta.
    Jakei Pilgrim is also solid, but ST is one of the least played factions right now.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

many of the new runes are too weak because they were trying not to release them broken like in coalitions expansion but they seem to have trouble making runes strong without being broken op. Another issue is that the boost changes and recostings ruined a lot of themes and many received almost no compensation and are pretty much unplayable now. Some others were nerfed randomly like tortuns or overnerfed with little to no compensation like moga, skeezick, fire eater, etc. A lot of new runes that are decently strong aren't used much because the themes they belong in are terrible such as skeezick vanguard, ghern pyro, tortun hawker, circadian merchant, etc.(even jakei were randomly nerfed for some reason and lost boost)

They added a lot of themed champions to themes that currently suck and most didn't do much to improve their theme so they aren't played even if they are decent.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I would run the new "slags"(fesh) if they were actually coded as slags.

Leadrz, Ohmin and Goyo like this.
  5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Chipped Bouler Monk is great, Hawker is good for tortuns (detection, yay) and I've seen Pilgrim today. Trigger seems more than runnable too.

Ohmin likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

tortuns seem to suck as much or even more than they did prior to the patch because now they can't even be run in ff kf, jakei were nerfed randomly and frost is a lot stronger so not much reason to run them, skeezick trigger sucks because empowered abilities are underpowered and skeezick were nerfed to the ground regardless.

7. Boozha

Yaawn

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

caustic slag: empowered abilities suck and so do fesh and slag bgs.
    chipped boulder monk: seems decent but jakei aren't very competitive and monks suck.
    circadian merchant: semi aquatics/mirefolk bgs were nerfed to the ground because of noob/non competitive player complaints and bad map designs.
    demonic sandclaw: empowered abilities suck and this rune isn't strong enough to be meta, spiders also suck with the surge 2 nerf and still have little to no defense against range, swarm, aoe, cc, or sever summons.
    g'hern pyro: moga relied on trapper+harpoon and moga sapper to be strong, outside of those combos they were weak. Those 2 combos as well as surge 2 were nerfed and moga received almost nothing in return shoeboxing them.(lol)
    jakei pilgrim: is decent but he isn't much better than jakei that already existed and isn't nearly strong enough for meta.
    motion sensor: has crap stats, empowered abilities suck, and its a super unreliable rune even without those downsides.
    mountain slag: slags and fesh both suck as themes and this is not a meta rune so there is no reason to run it. empowered abilities also suck.
    ruby crawler: spiders, fire, and fire eater bgs all suck. fire acolyte is quite expensive making it bad for mixed bgs and it has very low hp.
    skeezick trigger: empowered abilities suck and skeezick were nerfed to the ground.
    solstice marksman: archers and elves were destroyed by the recostings and synergy nerfs and this champ has a ton of sandbags and bad stats.
    tortun hawker: tortuns are still terrible and now can no longer be run in ff kf so there is no reason to run this rune.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why do you use the forums? I use it as a tool to get things fixed, I'm kind of confused as to why some people post on these types of threads.

@Boozha try the off topic section for social threads.

StupidJerk likes this.
  10. Boozha

Not to talk to you certainly.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Sandclaw and ruby crawler are both good.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

It's because they are Fesh... Really, look at them, they are obviously Fesh and even that way, for some reason the devs think they are Slags. Really a shame.

Ohmin and SaintKiwi like this.
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've seen a Motion Sensor used once.

Leadrz likes this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i haven't. Half the new runes I haven't seen in game. I still haven't seen a blood abhorrent yet.

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I've seen all of these in play but motion censor cause my lord that thing is terrible.

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Caustic Slag- Mexicano and a few other players were running it second week of expansion
    Chipped Boulder Monk- I run 1 in my FS meta bg for seism and stone barrage. Buddha runs it.
    Circadian Merchant- I run 1 in my Mirefolk bg, and I saw Moles running 1 first week of expansion. Mirefolk aren't as popular since changes to formula and cost increase.
    Demonic Sandclaw- Watched a SL sand bg use this rune on thursday. Have seen it two other times.
    Ghern Pyro- Watched Kiwi using this
    Jakei Pilgrim- Rorschach was using this first week of expansion.
    Motion Sensor- Dirkinson was using this in a fw/is aura bg
    Mountain Slag- Mexicano and Kiwi were using this
    Ruby Crawler- I saw this once.
    Skeezick Trigger- I haven't seen Trigger run at all.
    Solstice Marksman- Just about every KF player I watched was using this. It is a great 5 range and can be run at 65 nora. Not sure why it is on your list.
    Tortun Hawker- The only player that I saw use this was Hospy.

17. Faust

i accualy wish Chipped Boulder Monk/Jakei Pilgrim was a draksar

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i wish they would buff draksar's ranged units and racial. On the bright draksar are arguably less bad than skeezick for the first time in a long time.

19. Faust

Draksars does not have acces to some mechanisms like

AntySummon SRY my bad we have raven
    AntyRelict
    AntyRange/Good own Range

and thats my main problem ( and you proly all know i dont play other BG's then Draksars Modules )

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think UD/SL draksar is better than ff sl draksar because of sacrifice. Sacrifice allows you to make the most of your tanks and to sac rocketeer after it runs out of ammunition and becomes worthless. It also gives you access to UD's high damage spells and melee enhancing equips. You can run sl/ud with sl banner as well.