Champs from Path~~~expansion that i never seen in game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, I've seen most of them, to be honest. DMR was playing double Leviathan for a bit, tho I think he's switched them out recently.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

bloomwalker isn't used because its damage is terrible and the relic it drops is mediocre.
    fae advocate isn't used because still life was over nerfed and because there are better options.
    elsari tomb raider isn't used because vampyres are terrible and because the mercenary ability is terrible.
    grintmaw flamehurler isn't used because grintmaw are bad and his abilities are mediocre at best.
    speckled fesh has been used a bit for draw wins but its not that strong and sp worms isn't a deck.
    utterdark leviathon doesn't really have a good deck to be played in and cost too much nora for what it does. fw/sl dragons don't work, soul feast decks don't work imo, and its not strong enough to be played in a mixed.
    jellebrium have been really bad since I have been playing this game again and I have no idea what they are trying to do with this theme.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Advocate is bad because her main ability bubble is completely outclassed by bodyguard and costs all of her ap
    Tomb raider would still be problematic because he has mercenary
    Flamehurler actually isn't a terrible rune just has shitty art, grintmaws are actually still very good when used by a competent player.
    Speckled fesh i agree is garbage
    Leviathon i agree costs too much and soultap bg's have never really been a thing or buggy at best.
    Some of the jellys are playable right now but the majority are terrible and overcosted with sand bags.
    I agree about bloomwalker also.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Actually, I've seen Abhorrent used even as recently as today. They might feel a bit underwhelming, but they're not that bad.

Speckled Fesh (Nora Link) was my counter to UT (pre-change) and Mines when I tried out splits with SP. Also, I liked Drudgery on turns when I could attack and then drain stored AP to prevent a crushing counter-attack.

I've seen all of the other stuff mentioned, it's just that some of the bgs they belong to are not as commonly seen nowadays.

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i recommend visiting my jelle thread please.

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Speckled Fesh is actually pretty good, really situational, but still good.
    Infestor is that kind of rune that players like @iPox uses to make some crazy breaking game stuff.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I mean or just make runes more thematic like you have been, and don't make some of them so lackluster. If you can't think of theme enablers without making them overpowered head over to the rune ideas and suggestions page.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No joke, there was a thread a while back -- or at least a post -- asking for more power creep. The current power of expansions seems totally fine. One thing that could help it, though, would be reducing patch frequency so that runes have longer to gestate in the public consciousness. People would then have time to work through a rune and think about where it could fit into a BG before it gets changed. (An underlying current in the community that dismisses concerted modification and long-term BG design make that less likely, but there you go.)

Anima26 likes this.
  9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I use Chipped Boulder Monk. I just have not played in two weeks. (School) I use her for a relic counter and meat/beater role.

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Boulder Monk is great, Seism is a very handy ability to have in a deck.

11. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I reckon that if motion sensor was insanely powerful, and then maybe slightly harder to pull off (but with a loophole so we can be amazed at iPox more) it would be better than a normal-ish champ which is hard to use as it is.