CIA says Russia influenced US election to help Trump win

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

He'll also convert to Judaism.

SireofSuns, BurnPyro and st3ck like this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You know when you're enjoying a film, and the plot is quite engaging but starts getting increasingly far fetched. At some point something will happen and you'll just say "this is just silly now" and switch it off.

That's how I feel about politics at the moment.

iPox, SireofSuns, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Unfortunately, unlike films, turning it off doesn't keep it from going on and remaining relevant.

SireofSuns likes this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I have an idea.

we build backpack sized EMP devices and make it so politicians always have to wear them and they are always on.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

insert "but teh teleprompter" joke

Geressen likes this.
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Literally.

Recently found that you explain my own thoughts far better than I ever could.

Geressen likes this.
  7. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

So... does anyone believe that this story was made up by the infamous hacker 4chan?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Dagda likes this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't believe anything, untill all the facts are in or the situation requires a response on my part.

This makes me a better person than 50% of politicians and media.

9. badgerale

I does bear a scary similarity to kremlin disinformation tactics.

Release enough true, false, crazy, scary stories into a population until it no longer knows what it does or doesn't know.

I guess nations are held together by a national narrative, a self image, and if you can disrupt that enough then you can disrupt it functioning in a self-coherent way.

On the other hand, there are a lot of players in this, so it could represent a counter move from with the US against what they believe is a compromised president.

This is scary whether it is true or not.

10. Saandro

The document says this has been going on for 5 years. Did Russia expect Donald Trump in a position of power 5 years or even more ago? Honestly, this whole thing is very messy.

11. badgerale

Trump was already in a position of power 5 years ago, he had massive wealth and business interests and had political leverage through donations.

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Did you hear about the "golden showers" story that 4chan claimed responsibility for? So many lulz.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I did but they could also be lying, or it could be a coincidence and they both made it up and it happened.

Ohmin likes this.
  14. badgerale

In a way it doesn't matter if it is true or not.

It's true: Donald Trump is the sort of man who would have sex with two Russian prostitutes in an expensive hotel.

It's not true: Donald Trump is the sort of man who would have sex with two Russian prostitutes in an expensive hotel.

Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  15. Saandro

Yeah, that's why I asked what you guys think about it.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

does trump like gold? yes
    does trump like showers? maybe?

does he like golden showers? .... for the purpose of jokes on the internet he does now.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

From what I gather, the story is from a guy who tried to pitch it months ago, but has no cred. But recently some people disliking Trump in intelligence agencies came out and basically said "yeah this guy got cred". So then buzzfeed ran it and later CNN picked it up. Ridiculous.

SireofSuns, Ohmin and Geressen like this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Hilarious though.

I think Trevor Noah sums it up best for me.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It also says that Cohen went to Prague at specific dates and times. Not only does his passport show he hasn't been to Prague, but his whereabouts for those dates and times are known.

CNN speculated maybe it was a different person with the exact same name and a tie to Trump.

I'm thinking maybe Buzzfeed's published Orbis' compilation of unproven allegations is just not a good source to go on.

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

to be fair I could go to Prague without a passport and you would have no idea.

I could be there right now.