COD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TeaScholar, Oct 21, 2014.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Have you tried Call of Duty?

I'm not trolling I'm muy serio.
    I'd play it myself if my ps3 didn't get yellow light syndrome approximately 4 years ago.

But it seems... more along the lines of what you might be looking for. There's much more accomplishments feely type of things when you work up the levels and then prestige if you want to be fancy (or foolish).

This game is a game that will either steal your soul, or it won't. Which doesn't necessarily mean you'll play it everyday for ever and ever till the end of time- it is rather an addiction. There is something about this game that suits specific people more than other games, causing them to cling to it and come back to it everytime they venture into other games- they get sucked back into pox because of the potential variety between games. And that doesn't imply variety of champs, either, but with the same bgs being used, every game is different in some way from one another. No victory or defeat is ever the exact same experience. Always something major or minor that was different. And one can always adjust their bg and try again.

Certain games simply peak certain peoples interests. I do not expect everyone from steam to stay. It's like a difficult class in college that was full of people and handfuls of people trying to crash the class at the beginning, and then by the time the semester is almost over about 30% of the original students remain. It happens. One cannot expect a game like this to serve the better of all society around the world- no. There is actually (or was.... rather) benefits for buying a couple things in this game. Helps speed it along. But that's how most games go.
    That being said, it isn't impossible to grind up gold and get packs. I get enough gold to get an expansion BOX, on a weekly basis. And I barely try. I just hop on for maybe a few hours, play some games, and bounce. But I've been doing that for years. It's one of the reasons I love this game. It is also like a faithful woman who, no matter how neglected in the past or present, you can always come back to her for a good time.... and then leave again like a *******.

Just my 2 cent- wall of text

SaintKiwi and SPiEkY like this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's ****** purple, downgraded to 1 cent.

JazzMan1221, BurnPyro and TeaScholar like this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

sometimes a black curtain (or a purple one HUEHUE) is just a black (cough) curtain. Don't take everything as an insult. I know plenty of people who are serious gamers that love CoD

4. TeaScholar

Oh, but I am on topic, you see.

You wanted a middle ground between 0 and 90.

It's the reason I brought up CoD. Starcraft is another example of a game with a good middle ground between 0 - 90.

And if that's not constructive enough, I'm not trying to make you move on to other games- if you compare and contrast games, which you have done in this topic earlier (I was paying attention), you might figure out a way to suggest an implementation for poxnora to shoot towards the devs. And that's basically the only way you can make that happen.

If that still rubs you the wrong way. Fine, I'll shove off.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Shut up plx.

Sorry, Marcus, this community has its bad moments.

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

CoD's my jam, until theres some camping prick being all ****** like ruining mah killstreak. When that happens it makes me believe that pox is actually a good game in comparison.

TeaScholar likes this.
  7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I guess you're a halo kind of guy, I am too

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Not especially, only liked Halo 3 for the custom games.

9. TeaScholar

Someone call the po-po.

Thread went off topic.

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, I loved the hell out of Halo 1 multiplayer. Especially sniper mods with explosive shots and infinite ammo; between that, warthogs, rocket launchers and banshees it was a really hilarious and still skillful experience

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I guess i'm the only ******* that didn't mind halo 4 multiplayer?

how about that halo reach mutiplayer tho?

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Never played it, after my mediocre experience with Reach I just gave up on Halo.

13. TeaScholar

I never had an Xbox. So I was never invited to that party.

But I played Call of Duty everyday through High School. Even did some competitive stuff.

What I've gathered is there's no shame in bringing these things up as they do apply to this game, since we do all play this game too. Err... Most of us.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

which cod was it (I know it was one of the first 3) that you could get in a tank and other vehicles? loved that one because of WW2

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Lol, thats CoD 5. I still love playing that game but if I didnt have a JTAG it would be unbearable.

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

damn it was 5? well Bane Shift.

well hey how about them cod zombies, wish they would make a whole game of whole zombies since they're usually the only reason they buy the treyarch ones.

what is this thread about again?

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firking teascholar trolling the new guy and getting Bane Shift removed.

Tssk tssk

TeaScholar likes this.
  18. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Am I playing it right?
    1. Get a kill
    2. Insult the other player, try using insults like "get rekt m8" and "fking skrublord"
    3. Die by the same guy you made fun of

Rinse and repeat.

Also, I want to know if there are any restrictions to playing. Maybe like voice pitch, age, or intelligence?

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

and people call me a racist

20. TeaScholar

All I can really say is "wow".