COMMENTS: Summary: NUX Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

To senshu

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I think he was implying they have no value outside of looking nice on your profile

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You just were.
    Those are equally as meaningless.

4. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

All this talking about points and no Harry Potter joke?

5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

As long as the tutorial tells a player what nora is, how they get nora and what to do with it, it'll be a vast improvement. so its looking good! I'll give more feedback once i've done a runthrough of it myself

6. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

From my experience, as long as it tells a player clearly how to deploy a unit, that would be great :p. Also… as controversial as it might seem, I would say for the tutorial to be mandatory on all new accounts (including our "new" accounts as it is imported). This will allow all of us to gain some insight and feedback, as well as help new players learn the game.

Kampel likes this.
  7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

This NUX looks to be a great improvement so far!

8. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Points dont matter compilation

9. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

We need to get Sinwind, Ryvirath and Zoltor (for the lulz) back to the game.

Also:

- Bring back the Shoebox. Please?
    - Update the Maps to work with modern screen ratios, since the 4:3 ratio is rarely seen by now.
    - Get rid of the CP system. Please?
    - Define the identity of the player in Pox's world and mechanic. (If I play a match of M:tG, the game tells me I am a Planeswalker. If I play a game of LoL, the game tells me I am a Summoner. What am I if I play PoxNora? Am I a Commander? Am I a God? Am I a Strategist?).
    -
    Featured Matches. We need a way to quickly identify and watch the top-notch Poxers, specially if they are using a Public Deck (you know, kind of a tutorial).
    - Revive r/PoxNora! Be active there!
    - Hire KTCAOP. The guy made a titanic effort increasing PoxNora's accesability.
    - Hire me! I'll work for food and runes!*
    - The original Logo. It was not generic. New one is flashy and pretty but old one had personality.

Thanks for the update you Owl-sies, keep rocking.

*Conditions may apply. Or may not.

Celestus and Kampel like this.
  10. GabrielQ

Andralexis is a great artist, you guys should make art competitions with good prizes to involve the community.

Andralexis likes this.
  11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Absolutely agreed. I believe one or two of the 150+ k's are the artwork of Andralexis.

Andralexis likes this.
  12. GabrielQ

13. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

This is just great , what a nice start.
    New players will have more fun and will understand the game beter !
    Keep up the good work , i can't wait to play pox nora again.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  14. KingJad

are you experiencing login trouble?(off topic but that is what I got from the wording of your sentence)

15. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

ow no i just stoped playing pox some months ago :D and now that there will be new life in pox , me and some friends will start playing pox again
    we love the game but it was a bit neglected and low playerbase ;D
    but Desert owl will change all of that!

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

One thing at a time. We still need to deal with the transition.
    Thank you, finally someone caught on, 50 Points.
    Ha! 50 more points!

Andralexis likes this.
  17. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

It really feels good to know that the game you loved the most is in safe pair of hands. Great work you guys are doing. Please keep it up :)

100000 Points!

18. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It looks very good. I hope it will attract new players :)

19. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

After reading this whole thread and only coming across what I quoted here (which is something I didnt see myself :D ) I wanted to point out some more typos that you guys may or may not have taken care of yet.

1) Pox Nora Tutorial picture
    "What you learn in this Tutorial
    - How to navigate the map deploy Champions" -> either lacks a comma after map or an and making it either "How to navigate the map, deploy Champions" or "How to navigate the map and deploy Champions"

2) the aforementioned and quoted Keybord

3) In the Training Grounds 3 section the picture with the Vengeant Knight.
    "Ironfist Crusade
    Strong defenders and protectors of the stronghold! Heal your wounded and strike down your uholy foes" -> uholy lacks an n making it unholy. (This doesnt imply that IS only works against UD and FW)

----

on a side note I think that adding 0.5 nora shards for shard conversion is wrong and actually bad for calculation. Make it 12 and 3 instead of 12.5 and 2.5.

10 packs and 100 packs should say 10 rune(s) pack and 100 rune(s) pack to show that there are actually 10 or 100 runes in it. (more with eventual legendary runes)
    Also I hope that those newly bought runes are somehow put in a container where I can see what I got last. Adding a "new" symbol to the Rune manager is also an option.
    Same goes for traded runes. I remember doing multiple trades where shortly after clicking the confirm button I didnt remember what I just got.
    But then that may just be me getting old.

20. KingJad

Im glad you posted that I forgot to ask about that orginally i thought we could buy 100 packs of runes