Competitive SP Decks

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Capricis, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Capricis

Capricis Member

Hey! New player here. I decided to play SP and I started to build a budget voil BG but even that looks like it will take some time for a noob to complete. I've got all the nearly free ones, but I still have 7 runes left to complete it which will cost me 176k PoxBox points. While I finish this one, I wanted to look at other options as well.

So far I have found and been directed to the following:

SP Meta, more or less same as the one from recent thread:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/C5aclPc4IcaFcoKcq4C4PCfOck_CldCwHCdxs5Qs1kS59S82r2Yr=rOe3ze1fe2H

Budget Voil (the one I'm making) from Steam Guide:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/c6mC3ncq4c3mCgDCiVcgJCtLC5nCwHc3QS5QS1ks3tS82r2YR2ZrOr2le1j

Cyclops:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/C8oCplCq6C2DChICwJctZCd5Cq3coKs5Qs7yS1xs59S82r2ZR26rOe2H

Is there anything else that SP can run on a competitive level? So many potential theme decks! No one is able to make them work?

Did the Ronin changes affect any of these? One reason I'm hesitant to check this forum's history is because of past patch changes. I was told Voil is still good though.

And thanks to all who have helped me so far!

2. Capricis

Capricis Member

There is an FS thread called State of the Swamp where Buddha goes over the Ronin changes and how it applies to all FS potential themes, and whether those themes are competitive or not. I guess that's what I'm looking for, for SP. An update on where all the themes are for SP to narrow down what I should be collecting. Does anyone have any opinions on that?

3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Lightning is competitive. It crutches on 6 runes. Barbarian Bolt, Spark Crone, Lightning Rod, Thunderhead Totem, Lightning Storm and Ionisation. The rest of the deck is optional.

4. Capricis

Capricis Member

Ooh, give me more!

5. Vorian

Hyaenids will soon be competitive!

6. Capricis

Capricis Member

What do you mean?

7. Vorian

They are all getting a 2 nora discount.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd say Cyclops are pretty good. They've got Boost, strong range, efficient melee, and good synergy. The only downside is most of them are fatties.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Capricis

Capricis Member

I see. That's enough to push them into competitive you think? What are your guys' ratings? Being fat is generally worse than being 1x1?

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

They're a little tough to maneuver, and some maps are worse than others, but, power-wise, they're not bad at all.

11. Capricis

Capricis Member

I see.

How are Mogas? I read the recent SP Themes Revamping thread with talks of changing Mogas, but how are they currently? What does a good Moga BG look like?

12. Fernando

Fernando The King of Potatoes

I will love to see some hashinshin Moga BG around here.....
    Old times.....

SaintKiwi likes this.
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I, personally, think moagz are doing alright at the moment, but they require a bit of positional skill, which 80% of the playerbase lacks.

My moga BG (which I would consider competative) looks like this at the moment: https://poxbase.com/deck/cj6c2mcgqc...Wc2Oc2Ic2Tc7Tc5Ws5Qs66s1js63s2uS82r2Yr2ZrOe3p

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  14. Capricis

Capricis Member

Thanks! Wow, that deck is even cheaper than Voil! Minus G'hern General at least. I'll probably end up trying that one out.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I actually just changed it slightly, I dropped Hooligan for Trigger. I didn't notice him getting buffed until a little bit ago.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Real question here :

Let's say I'm running some sort of goodstuff.dek (which is probably bad but that's not the point), what are my magic dmg options not called Angel of Chaos?

17. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

eh... stone caller + slaver's whip? Hyaenid Spirit Speaker seems playable
    Can't comment on warwizard

18. Vorian

Spirit speaker or cyclops primal.

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Speaker looks ok. Kinda paper but Vaporize+Eater is cute. Decent package for 69.

Should I even bother with Serf? I mean I already have 5 djinns in the deck but it sounds like a positional nightmare to get the most out of it. Probably better off with Cackle.

20. Vorian

Yeh it is.