Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Just curious Baskit, what do you run sweeper for and with what upgrades ? Raider and dead eater for nora gen ? I like magnetic rover also but hate that distract automatically makes him useless.

2. super71

Now that we all agree flame ballista is awesome let's check some other runes

I say we get a list of exos and legendaries that are trash together, and see if we can make some of them viable.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Shatter/Forage. Reasoning: Shatter, obvious utility (and the other option is horrible). Forage. I always envied units that had it, they were able to move foward, and then capture globes to then move further forward (maybe to contest) or back to safety. He can effectively be a pull unit, with leap, jump past, knock back into your units double attack range, kill then collect globe etc.

Strux have a hard time in sidefont collection and/or harrasment. This guy gets it done.

Strux have a hard time with mobility of terrain, this guy gets it done.

Without this champion I'd really want to use the Loadstone Builder but he's very slow, clunky, and ends up impeding your own progress with his fatness in many cases. I'm already dealing with the fatness of Protectors and those guys are the backbone of the lategame, they definitely are not going anywhere.

I like making plays that the opponent either cannot avoid or did not see coming. Transparency is a big problem with constructs. This guy helps cover that gap. One of my favored runes after the nerf of my beloved Roughneck (who was overefficient but horribly adjusted with maximum ineptitude)

To me, he covers lots of ground for only 62 nora.

How was that sales pitch? =)

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, Rover has major weaknesses but keep in mind what you need him for. He's basically a spell. Thats why I have 17 champs there. If I get one kill from him moving something etc or if my opponent does ANYTHING at all to him with nora, I win.

I'm happy running him at 55 with aura 2 or 57 with aura 3, I've done both.

Lets play out a couple scenarios.

• His relocate ally or bastion of mobility allows you to contest a font you couldnt otherwise have done. You just reduced his effective cost by 12 not counting board presence. Win
    • All he does is stay alive a single turn while you block the pathway of another unit, use chain lightning once and get one aura dmg to go off. Would you use a spell that cost 57 nora that did 17 dmg to a unit, rooted target in place for 2 turns, absorbed the next 4 attacks and gave your units mobility for two turns? I would! Win.
    • How many times have you had to contest with your tinkerer types while their summonsed did some work? They wont last long, MAYBE two turns right? Deploy tanky unit (has zero AP), relocate max distance, give him 4 AP, WUTWUT, win.
    • You can ONLY kill that unit if you advance your ranged unit for a double attack leaving him completely open. Great, now I have to spend 35 nora on RD or lose this unit, nope, I'll zap him back. Effectively a 22nora unit now. Win.
    • Lastly, simple 1:1 HP:Nora, always good. 58 HP boosted for 57 nora, yes thanks, every time. Win.
    So, on the rover I would say lets adjust our perspective. Typically in IS we MUST keep everything alive omg omg keep it up, deploy PoV, call mom for emergency PB&J while I decide to use Desperate Heal or Transfigure..or...or both?!?!? mind=asplode. Instead, I WANT my opponent to kill this unit, but on my terms and I want there to be an efficiency/board presense/nora trade-off in my favor. This unit is annoying enough that you can MAKE them do it.

And if they dont, lol, put the rock lantern on him and watch him 2 round something.

Edit: to add to my previous post, think about that Sweeper with mobility. THIS IS MY BOARD FOLKS I OWN IT AND WHAT HAPPENS ON IT HAPPENS BY MY LEAVE.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    super71 likes this.
  5. super71

Thanks, will try out rover soon.