Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

I agree with a lot of the above, though id rather see more love on the bonecrusher. God, what a miserable rune.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  2. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

gahlronling: maybe add aura on him or another source of passive dmg
    deep elf monk: more dmg
    deep elf ritaulist: too expensive
    aspect of oblivion: too expensive

Durand likes this.
  3. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Coven Claw could really be redone. She used to be a staple in Witch decks, but now she serves no purpose. She had Shadestrike removed, but she really needs it back as that gave her a purpose.

Right now, Essence Claw is all she has going for her, but Essence Claw is just a cheap trick. It's a 13-nora ability, when at most, it should probably be 8 or even 6. It's just not that useful.

Coven Claw is a melee champ with only 45 hit points for 72 nora at its lowest cost...just not a good deal.

4. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't run Coven Claw in my witch deck. She just doesn't make the cut. You can run her if you want to play at a disadvantage.

5. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Fleshweaver Witch

She's a witch, with zombie support skills on base, and a stitched reconstruct(why even?) on upgrade path 1 to boot. Doesn't make any sense to me. Either make her fully devoted to witches, zombies or stitched but not a mix of all 3, which makes her very inefficient, as you put it. Also she seems very overcosted to me at 81 nora for what she has on base.

My suggestion would be to move her zombie herder and summon zombie to upgrades so people can still run her for zombie decks if they so desire, and in exchange, move Elsari Coven and another skill from upgrade paths to base. Witches could use another witch that is more useful inside of witches than outside of witches.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Fleshweaver Witch has to be expensive because she's a key rune to the zombie theme. She's slightly inefficient because Zombie Herder is very efficient, and I stress slightly because summoning abilities aren't and shouldn't be cheap.

As far as my opinion is concerned, Zombies need her more than Witches do, and lore wise she makes much more sense with Zombies. I don't mind making champions available to other themes, but it would cost a bit of the rune's identity(Stitched Reconstruction is probably a pun with her lore text and art, that's my guess).

So to wrap it up, I don't see a reason to remove her from the Zombie theme at all which really need her, or even to give her to the Witches, who honestly don't need her at all.

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Bridal / Ravenwraith- A bit too pricey.
    Souldrinker is 11 nora and pretty useless against summons and is only on a total of 3 runes. Sacrificial dagger, Cavernspawn, Ravenwraith, & skeletal reaper. Reaper is the only one seeing any play. The ability could honestly be consolidated into lifedrinker. However I'd suggest at the very least swapping it to upgrades and having vengeful BASE instead.

As for upgrades
    -Backlash replaced with consume: now that it was fixed to not combo work with the soul tapped condition (spirits) she could do with something like consume. Consume combos with vengeful nicely.
    - Souldrinker (previously from base) or as a better option Lifedrinker.
    - Siphoning aura replaced with Soul channeling to go with spirits semi-soultapped theme.

This would leave Ravenwraith with her 2nd upgrade path allowing the player to choose how to build her 'heal' instead of being saddled with an 11 nora 'bad' life drinker ability base.

Woffleet likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

whoa, don't take life drinker from sac dagger. Please.

9. yobanchi

Dark Messanger: Too expensive and squishy.
    Min-Max range to just 5. (I've always been curious on how a ranged champ with the same min-max would play otherwise reduce it's range area.)

Upgrade 1:
    - Essence capture (original ability option)
    - Soultap (more synergy with spirits mini soultap theme)
    - Dead eater (other nora option)

Upgrade 2: another possible option would be to have a little more significant cost reduction access in the vulnerability package to offset that min-max nora ramp up. Physical vuln. kinda synergies with spirits spells/runes that incorporealize. Detection 3 would go base of course then.
    Vulnerability Magical
    Vulnerability Electrical
    Vulnerability physical

10. yobanchi

Why? Lifedrinker seems superior in the majority of cases and seems like it is an unecessary distinction in this type of ability. Do we really need multiple abilities that say "this champion gains life based on the destroyed champions X stat"?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

my god, yes, Aspect of Oblivion has "cool" written all over it and its inneficient and underplayed. No idea what i would change tho.

upload_2017-5-17_15-42-3.png
    It has too many abilities on base making him 90+- nora and both upgrade paths are ranks of the same.
    Its one of those champs stuck in the charged mechanic needing too many abilities to work.. a candidate for those new "upgrade packs" sok was discussing in another thread.

Durand, Woffleet and OriginalG1 like this.
  12. yobanchi

Mindthief creeper:

While adaptation & reflection use to be flavorful to it's previous flavor text ("stareeeeee") it is hardly functional with 0 dmg and hardly flavorful with a name like 'mind' thief.

Upgrade Path 1:
    - Body Jumper
    - Possess 2
    - Whispers in the mind

Upgrade Path 2:
    - Forage
    - Energy Thief
    - Initiative 2

Base-
    Knockout
    Fading Light
    Reinforce - offsets possess upgrade slots and prevents champ battle swings somewhat
    Necrosis

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

sac dagger has souldrinker, witch heals off of hp not nora cost correct? I like this.

14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Skeezick Scoundrel
    upload_2017-5-17_15-57-1.png
    It has a cool art and sprite, its not really "inefficient" as he has good combat stats but its design is boring, could be more thiefy, or have a kit like Salaman Rook.

If its more combat related maybe a build like Salaman Ninja could work, with Flash Bomb/Elusive Leap and stuff like that instead of plain Stealth and dodge

15. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

Speaking of aspects I'd like to see a change to Aspect of growth. I always liked the idea of him but realistically you need to wait 2-3 rounds before you can risk him in a fight. Even then 1-2 hits and he's quickly back to low damage suckiness. Give him some other means of gaining charges or raise his max hp to 25 or 24

Capitulator and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  16. yobanchi

That is incorrect.

Souldrinker: 11 nora. When this unit destroys a champion, it heals HP equal to half the destroyed champions's nora cost.

Lifedrinker: 8 nora. When this unit destroys an opposing champion, it vampiric heals HP equal to half the destroyed champion's max HP.

So against summons soul drinker heals a wapping 0 nora while life drinker at least heals something in the range of 5-15 hp depending on the summon.
    Against real champs soul drinker will heal 25-50 hp while life drinker will heal around 20-30 hp.

Ravenwraith has 45 hp and skeletal reaper has 52 hp meaning that normally a 20-30 hp heal is going to top them off anyway. A champ with less then 15 hp is rarely in a position to capitalize on the full heal offered by soul drinker.

There is a slight case for sac dagger keeping it simply because you can combo it with champs that have 50+ hp due to stacking it with repurpose or other abilities. On normal champs life drinker is more versatile IMHO.

*EDIT*
    I'd also like to note that soul drinker is also not a vampiric heal like life drinker is so potentially you could combo Lifedrinker with the +50% vampiric healing ability to get 30-45 heals off real champs which is comparable.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So much wrong in for in this thread.

Drakon is fine - strong even.

Stitched magearm has been buffed fairly recently. Looks okay to me.

This was a great idea for a thread, but its been kinda hijacked. I hope sok doesn't do a lot of what's in here.

That said, there are some good gems in here.

Etherielin, Regulate and Slencer like this.
  18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Please don't touch coven claw, she's perfect just the way she is

19. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

Yeah I just added him to my meta bg some days ago lmao

Tweek516 likes this.
  20. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

also again not a champs, but millennial icequake seems pretty inefficient for 100 nora. also zeventrech. Aegis is a sandbag

Last edited: May 17, 2017