Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Apprentice Mage: Really cool kit, but kind of punishing (same with ranged guys with fire nova - outcast and flamemage of the circle)
    Forest Dragon: he just costs too high and regen doesn't make really good use with such low hp and no good def. I like how he fits visually with healing breath and he overall looks nice.
    Moonlit Fae: high cost, multi + 8 damage doesn't do much, evasive + low hp same, but overall kit looks great, but not worth investing that much.

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Not sure if this one has been up for slaughter yet, but damned it is so horrible bad in current version
    upload_2017-5-31_14-42-0.png

But not sure why really, ok Ponderous are a bit annoying
    and Ballista assault mode should cost 3 nora instead of 8nora, because of how restricted it is with range 3-5 and how it works with other units. its very bad that this unique ability cost as much nora as Sentinel does that costs 0AP when it triggers while this cost 2AP + AP to activate the bad ability.
    but still 69nora unit that has range 3-5, and a unique legendary ability...
    if it hadnt unstoppable and ballista assault mode it would be 58nora and it could lose ponderous then to be a 68nora "normal champ"

or fix a tinkerer with increase range for construct or add class:warrior

aseryen likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Markoth

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why are you suggesting a good rune to be changed ? It's perfectly fine/viable the way it is even in competitive play.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I've seen it once over a period of 15 months. Wouldn't say it's fine.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thing is crazy good with Providence.

aseryen likes this.
  7. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

my only issue with ballista is with why it is has trample.
    ranged runes should like never have trample as its basically a melee only ability.
    even more when considering this guys play style revolves around him not moving at all.

8. Hierokliff

Because its kinda dull and boring, ive never seen it in PvP or used it, range 3-5 isnt good for something that will not attack on its own. compaire to most sentinel that have range 1-...
    sure it works in a different and possible more effective way since if you teleport it, put it in assault mode you can get off a few attacks.

9. Hierokliff

havent tested it with that, but almost everything is crazy good with Providence. Veilwalker, plainswalker, bastion, barbarian exemplar do get to use providence first, because this unit would have to use 4-5AP to just use hold line + assault, and then has no AP left for some extra attacks. If it had been a warrior it would have been great with the Grintmaw that increases range, battlemaster/commander warriors, but no its an archer, maybe it would fit in a IS/KF archer deck.

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Rune looks unique, fun, and viable to me.

aseryen likes this.
  11. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

That's exactly what a lot of the runes in this thread are. People say "doesn't see play" but they themselves have often never tested it to understand why; most of the time it could see play if there was more people playing.

aseryen and Tweek516 like this.
  12. Hierokliff

its an unique rune, but shoebox
    tested it in PvE some and its not fun & def not viable
    Think it was probably useful before when you could relocate it, but that bug has been fixed. if it wasnt so long cooldown on assault it says 3 on cd but that one is reseted every time it attacks so its always +3 CD on it, or if it had different range it would def be useful.
    could maybe be useful in knockback splits but then its more of a gimmick then a cool ballista covering the melee in front.
    Gonna try it with Providence a bit and knockback upgrades, but with how ballista assault mode works its like just paying more nora for something that has shorter range then other ranged and costs more with abilities that it cant really use.

imo perfect rune for this thread, unique rune that just dont get used because it carries to much abilities that dont work together or is to costly.

oh and it fires at already dead target using extra AP's, guess thats ok but another drawback on the rune

13. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I rated it a potential 4* in my Spare Parts guide so I'll stick with it being ok with where it is. I stated it was lackluster on the upgrade lines so any changes made I wouldn't mind.

Ponderous can be annoying but Idt it is that or Nora that is the issue. Or that Providence makes the rune really shine.

If there was a new Tinkerer, would it not be the same argument you have with Providence? In which case, the rune is fine where it is and the answer is that we need more...which yes absolutely we do after this lull...wake me up when September ends.

Winter is coming.

14. super71

Given the number of options for barricades and force barriers in constructs, I often use it with tremor and slam for a ton of extra damage. Equip it with providence for extra range and defensive strike. With the enormous amount of ap gen in ironfist, I often get 3 or even 4 attacks off sometimes when in assault mode. Not to mention it's an 11 damage 3-5 range unit with 47 health, with construct buffs your sitting at 12 damage and 57 health not including tough, banner or boost.

What exactly about this rune is bad and please give me a detailed list of why you think it's bad, other than dull and boring.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I just threw together a deck with Ballista comboed with Geogenisis and Megalith as well as some other cheap meat stuff and rolled over 2 meta decks.

16. super71

Gotta get them slams going with fury of the storm and terraformer.

17. Hierokliff

Ha! something good from my bad post then :)

ok tested it a bit more, but hmm no i still dont like it as it is now, sure slam dmg is OP as Bane Shift. wonder if thats why i hate that ability and almost never use it. I hope they limit 'slam' to 2x2 Titans/cyclops, it was a real good change on the hated relic "The Resistance".

So i admit flamebreath aint bad, but still think the Ballista Assault Mode ability is working strange. But i guess i blame the coding for it with the wording 'basic attack'. And that its cooldown resets after each attack, but hmm its ok the cooldown aint that long as it felt like. And that it attacks even if the target is dead, but ok lets make sure its dead. so mostly my own fault for not using it enough.
    And comeone a bit more fun upgrade options -1.

Rockforger + Megalith are brutal together, i can really start to see a good future for construct decks after the Megalith upgrades it made that rock very good. Had fun with Megaliths sentinel range 1-7 in IS/ST split against PvE

18. super71

Didn't you dispute people on the megalith changes also ?

19. Hierokliff

Only when it was crazy OP suggested, but that was a typo from sokolov. giving it 1-9 range and 18dmg was crazy imo, maybe you thought that was balanced? I still think its a bit over the top with IS/ST split range 1-7 and 14dmg, but doubt anyone plays it so just let it sit and be a frozen rockcombo somewhere.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This is an incredible unit. If you somehow missed its defining ability and do not cater to that ability it becomes an efficient unit. The only real problem is that Bolter is lolworthy awesome and Protector becomes hyperefficient mid/late when you have lots of summonsed getting killed. Here's a deck I used him in:

[​IMG]

So the objective is that in games that I can deploy Silverclan Tink midgame, I then follow up with the Ballista on deploy. With two other units out there, he can effectively attack (at least) 3 times per turn. It builds from there. The only drawback I see is that there is some situational aspect to his usefullness and some positioning skill curve, all rewarded by >MA3 attackability.