CP and Tokens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bl4cksc4r, May 16, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The way you put We in your post I felt has the tone that you are speaking for the community as a whole. I agree, cosmetics are another possible revenue stream, but personally the more streams they have the better. I would even be for the boxes being bought with cash being leveled or having a higher % chance of exotic/legendary. Something that rewards cash purchases, but doesn't make the game pay to win.

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Quoting myself:
    I'll try one last time to express what I figure myself and a part of the community, to which I shall refer to as "We"

what is this I don't even

3. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

Thank you for the reply senshu, try to be respectful of the developers guys, this is not my way of bashing them. Whatever this revamp is, i hope it will significantly change the system however. I just took in the fact that for 5$ u can only level up half a bg, assuming u get a platinum token or two out of luck. That is really disappointing, and makes very little sense to me, to be entirely honest.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There are a few sticky posts you can see the revamp. The short version is that a level 1 champ will have a certain set of abilities. Some of them are base, and some are configurable. The configuration will alter the nora cost so that you are only paying for the champ that you're deploying now, not the champ you would be getting if it was fully leveled. Levels will unlock the options within that configuration.

5. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

Sounds interesting, but im curious how that will be implemented might still suck tbh if there is a benefit to upgrading.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Maybe they are going to reduce the significance of leveling so that you are completely competitive at all but the t highest levels with upgrades like 2-> 4 hp or 1-> 2 def.

You'd only really need those upgrades in the top 50.

The rest could be build into the champ, but it wouldn't be like playing a champ with two fewer important abilities.

This is me being optimistic.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I've said this on like 3 other threads just lower the cp cap to 100. This would make leveling in game alot easier and platinum tokens we could just do away with as people don' t get them often from the current token gold pit anyways.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Under the new system leveling up is less a requirement than personal choice/flavor. There will be champions who you will want to have different abilities, but there is no longer the binary setup of level 2 is always better than level 1 and 3 is better than 2. It is a mid point between the current live system and completely dumping CP and levels. We are well aware that not everyone will be satisfied with this decision because everyone has their own expectations of what they want. We have read arguments for going with the original system, keeping the existing system, removing levels all together, and there are some who want ed the CP system to be even more robust. With such a spread we had to make the call of what would be best overall.

Thbigchief and Dresnar20365988 like this.
  9. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

And a fine call it is.

10. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

Any idea what month the revamp goes live?

11. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

If we're stuck with the %$@&#@ CP system (which, for me, it's the worst feature of Pox, hands down), maybe every match could award 50 CP to all champions played. That way we could level up a champion in just 4 games, and you could still sell tokens to impatient people who "want it right now".

Just an idea.

Man, I do loathe CP...