CP and Tokens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bl4cksc4r, May 16, 2014.

1. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

How has this not been dealt with lol. I realize many players have like all the runes and they are all level 3 since pox is ancient, but if ur trying to invite new players to play competitively then this issue needs to be solve. I personally have wanted the idea of leveling ur champ removed for a long time. Its annoying tedious and unnecessary. It introduces more micro transactions and makes the already hard to earn gold useless. But seriously this new system is insanely stupid. It takes like 20 ranekd games to fully rank a bg, and the cost of tokens out unbelievable. Anyways im done *****ing and ranting. Leave youre opinions on what you think and what solutions u came up with, and i would love if a dev could tell me their plan, cause if this isnt gonna get fixed, i dont see the point of playing.

iodomy and oTruffles like this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Frankly, I'd prefer they bring back the old system, but that's not likely going to happen, so I guess I can support removing the CP system altogether.

Apostate, Vaayshan and oTruffles like this.
  3. oTruffles

oTruffles The King of Potatoes

so much speed.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

6. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

I really dont get why this isnt addressed. Im fine with the old system too. Or if u want a simple or temporary fix, make the 10 token pack cost like 700-1k gold, that would still be more expensive than the old system, but what ever at least making new bgs will be a thing still.

oTruffles likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I've only made like 4 threads about it, sorry for my indifference towards this subject

8. Richard001

Richard001 New Member

Rubbish, poll clearly has bias and is not representative of non-forum going population (who I am now assuming the mantle of speaking for).

Silent masses are happy with cp situation and wish for status quo to continue, <- I cast my 150 votes here, winning by a clear majority.

...On an unrelated note, tokens for sale here at bargain basement rates! Gogogo buy now!
    https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3576238&fb=0

:rolleyes:

9. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

Wow, now i know why u dont mind the CP system LOL, u have tokens stocked up and wanna rob people.

10. Morfeas

xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD

11. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Have DOG really not commented on it, or am I just missing something?

12. Morfeas

They haven't opened a discussion with us regarding this subject.

13. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

I previously praised the devs for how responsive they were, this is a bit disappointing. Theyre doing a great job regardless but i find this very impeding, especially considering their whole concept is to make the game great for new and old players alike. After 20 ranked games, i still havnt been able to fully CP a full bg, and that includes using all the gold aquired to buy token packs. This system could easily be solved by removing CP all together or just making the cost of packs much much much less. I cant imagine the latter of the two would be difficult at all.

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We responded to CP system and Token threads in the past. But, when this is a regular topic of discussion responding to all of them becomes impractical especially when it is retreading well warn ground.

The rune revamp is going to be a compromise between between the existing system and the old system. With the revamp leveling up your champions will be less a necessity than a customization feature.

We have plans on making it easier to get tokens, but at the moment the revamp is taking the majority of development time.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You should try out politics.

16. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

There are far easier and fun ways to get old before time.

17. Morfeas

Over all the problem we are hearing is that this is more a problem with the CP system than the pricing itself. We have already made note that of player's want to remove the CP system, but this issue will be addressed down the road. There is still a lot of other work to be done, and doing anything with the CP system is not a task we take lightly.

That's what I found.
    Having been vocal myself in the past threads regarding the issue, I'll try one last time to express what I figure myself and a part of the community, to which I shall refer to as "We", believe to be best for the game, for ourselves, for yourselves, and for both our wallets.

We don't want cheaper tokens.
    We don't want free tokens.
    We don't want reward tokens.
    We don't want tokens at all.
    We don't want easier leveling.
    We don't want no upgrades.
    We don't want tons of upgrades.
    We don't want unleveled runes to be equal to leveled runes.
    We don't want unleveled runes to be unequal to leveled runes.
    We don't want leveling to be a necessity.
    We don't want leveling to be a customization feature.
    We don't want leveling at all.

And if you believe this post to be selfish, naive, or rude, well... Good for you.

18. Morfeas

And to make myself perfectly clear, I don't expect you to change your model, or adjust stuff, or bend to our will. What I'd like though, is a post from you saying "We do understand what you guys want, but that's not what we want, so we will do it our way. **** off now".

That response would make me genuinely happy.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Actually there were a number of users that wanted the system to return to the old method, where you paid the nora cost for the champ you were summoning. That way a level 1 champ was just as efficient nora wise as a level 3 champ. There were a lot of people saying they want it completely gone, but it wasn't the full community.

Tokens are a revenue source for Poxnora. I like that they exist because that gives another source of income for the game that only comes from those that don't want to take the time to level their champs. Now that the revamp is changing it so that we're not paying the same nora for a level 1 champ that is missing abilities as we are for a level 3 champ, I think people will be less frustrated by the leveling system.

I agree that eliminating the leveling would have been the best option from a player's perspective, we have to understand that if there isn't money flowing, the game shuts down. Then it doesn't matter what level our champs are.

20. Morfeas

I never said it was the full community, why does everyone keep throwing this argument at me?

As for your other point, that's what cosmetics are for.