CP not leaving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morfeas, May 3, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

This is the first good argument against me so far.

2. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

They should make tokens craftable with shards.

3. Morfeas

But if they were to promote more ways to get tokens apart from spending IRL moneyz, why not just remove CP in the first place?

Edit: I just don't understand what having to level a rune brings to the game apart from potential money to the company from people who spend gold (see opportunity cost)/money on tokens.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Bringing money to the company is a pretty good thing for the company.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Goatmanji

As was said, CP is likely just another way to get cash. Do you think, with a playerbase this small, consisting of a vast majority of veteran players that already HAVE most runes they want, that the devs should remove one of their few sources of income? Seems to me that to keep the servers up, and for the devs to get paid to revamp thousands of runes, they should keep any income source they currently have. The alternative is no Pox at all.

That may be fine for you, but I would cry. I'd rather deal with the CP system as it is than not be able to play Pox at all.

6. Morfeas

I also heard chopping someone's head off usually kills them. What do you know.

I see your point, I merely state what I personally wish would be done. To be frank though, I'd much rather donate 500 bucks to the company than pay 200$ for tokens.

7. only

only Active Member

so the question still stands, sorry if it was already answered in other thread or I misunderstood it, but the current system has 4 upgrades (6 options) and the proposed one has 6 "upgrades" and that leads to 9 combos?

8. Morfeas

Yes, but in the end the difference in overall abilities in play is 0: Champs used to get 2 extra abilities (or stats or w/e) and they still get 2 extra abilities; there's just more options. IMO the system is fine, leveling is my issue.

9. Goatmanji

...I do not mean to be argumentative, but there will be a difference in overall abilities in play--unleveled runes will have 2 more abilities than they have now (not counting any abilities they are losing in the revamp). While that's not much of a consideration for those that have all the runes they need, it means a big deal to those of us still leveling our runes.

And I'll admit, it IS a chore to level a whole BG before playing ranked. That's one reason I'm hopeful that the 'default' abilities that each rune comes equipped with are at least feasibly competitive. They're definitely not going to be the auto-upgrades that people will eventually figure out or DOG wouldn't sell any token packs.