Crystal BGs

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

With the removal of fascinate and the nerf on Distracting Aura this theme needs some love again...

Some additions would be a Jakei with some slam, gale, entangle or pull abilities.

Some new Lumi ability like Chill or Frozen. I could see fitting a burn one in by making a Obsidian Crystal Champ that came up from the underdepths, that it is so cold it causes frost burn.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

can't give much advice on them I haven't done any testing on them yet

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@HardyGames32 been playing them recently (I believe, although it's possible I'm misremembering his ign)

4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

They took a huge hit last patch with the removal of surge from jakei shaman and the huge nerf to distracting aura. They need help. Unfortunately I don't think the midterm or player-made expansion have any crystal champs.

5. Braxzee

It is more than just adding new champs...Some of the Luminescence stuff needs to be changed. They were really good at breaking stalls by doing passive damage or setting up some awesome gales and for controlling an area of the game map to setup shrine kills.

Some lumi abilities like on crystal yeti could be changed to chill 3, or maybe distract could have levels and crystal howler could have a level 3 where the range could go back to 3 spaces away. The way this theme is now is they are totally useless against a whole faction named SL. I do not mind counters but a whole faction counter is a bit silly. The sonic aura does zero against SL, the scour does 2, eviscerate does 1 for one round. An upgrade to these would help. The strongest Lumi are soul tap, scour and impairing feedback they are fine as is. Draining Lumi I am neutral about.

I think the lumi link up should be 2 spaces greater and the lumi effect about 1 space greater.

I think changing the Jakei Heretic around to support the elementals might be a good champ for it...She is part of the crystal lore anyways. She also has the range to cover the distance of the area you are trying to control.

6. calisk

tells you how much I've played against sl....I thought their bonus was still only on attack.

does it trigger on spells as well?

7. Braxzee

It has been, like distracting aura they take none now lol

8. Braxzee

SL could be very defensive and I am surprised no one has abused it yet...Run tough units with defense and some CA1 and with their regens sheeesh!

9. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I'd say something but don't want to annoy anyone, *cough* @GemmaXylia *cough*

10. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

I am running them, quite successfully. They're extremely cheap and efficient and those kinds of champs can win games on their own. I can post my BG if people are interested

11. calisk

I would be since crystal are not cheap to my understanding

12. HardyGames32

http://imgur.com/gallery/ugRvs

here it is, the champs are run generally with cheap upgrades. Jakei are there for lumi
    If you got questions about upgrades let me know

13. Tweek516

I that endless iceburg? Why?

And how you finding slayer?

Containment unit looks pretty pricey at 40n

14. HardyGames32

slayer's range ability is ridiculously good and it's so cheap. I run it with empowered defense and honor guard. Containment unit is just straight useful at times to keep a unit alive, and endless iceburg is a really strong 1 for one nora contesting relic with heaps of abilities on it. Minus 2 speed in an AoE 3 with propegate is awesome

15. Tweek516

I generally find orb of frostfall a better contesting relic. Is shadow spawned, and can act as pseudo detect if needed. Also can give you a little damage boost for a kill from Arctic if necessary.

16. calisk

Good reasoning, you make it sound good

I never have room for contesting relics though

17. Tweek516

Its okay, but an easy rune to cut from a bg if you run out of space.

18. Braxzee

Crystals do need a Jakei that can pull, gale, or a KB and relocate a relic, and another type of lumi ability (prefer Chill).

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Bring back Immortality on the crystals.
    Watch them own.

Braxzee likes this.
  20. Braxzee

That was my idea for Cramils crystal...