Current ST power could do with some trimming.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

All the good sighted elven ancestors got trapped in the tundra as of the separation.

It's a funny topic because I just lost to a ST/UD split and specifically Halberd played a big role in it, exactly against my Snowspinner's Snow Shroud. Anyway, by the time I got rid of it the 25 dmg Ireguard didn't really care anymore.

2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I know right

3. Braxzee

all right here it goes I am going to trade precision for knock back and split with SP this shall be fun

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I smell personal bias

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

?

It's biased to acknowledge every faction has good stuff or was it that some factions get more of one ability then others.

6. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

havent we already acknowledged that the original proposed changes would be terrible already, due to my lack of knowledge of other snow shroud champions all Being garbage?

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Seriously? Just going to give a counter arguement to all of these.

How many runes do most people run in a bg that changes terrain? Some factions don't even have the privalage. Even if you do run a terrain changing effect, most abilities that do this have a CD greater than 1, or you use a spell and by the next turn she's reapplied trail snow and snowshrouded something else.

LoL really only applies to FW, leaving the other 7 factions out of this option

A spot kill spell requires large amounts of nora, and only works on 1 champ. Snowspinner will just shroud a different champ next turn. She can shroud more champs than the 2 your spot kill spells can destroy (Assuming they run 2x of the spell)

AoE's, fair enough but AoE's on champions are not that common and any AoE ability has a cooldown of at least 2, compared to snow shrouds CD of 1.

I'll give you precision, it's not that rare however there are probably a few factions without viable options.

The obvious problem is like Markoth and many others have said is that orb of frostfall on a unit that has snow shroud is an incredibly dumb combination. This combination doesn't specifically benefit ferren in the slightest meaning this rune shouldn't justified due to her being a staple of Ferren.

Perhaps giving her snowfall (1 or 2) would be a better suited option, she would still be able to make snow but due to Snowfall having a CD of 3 rounds while the snow only last for 2 rounds, it would mean she at least has to rely on another form of snow for 1 out of the 3 turns. It's still not ideal but at least it's better than her being able to do it every single round.

JellyBerry likes this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of snowfall instead if it really has to be changed.

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I hate he cost of snow fall, or maybe it's just the units that have them, it feels like every units with snow fall costs way too much for what it does.

that said snowfall charger seems to be quite a bit cheaper than previous iterations, so who knows maybe their is hope for an effecient snowfall unit

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I wont argue for a buff or nerf on snow shroud Ill remind you guys of a very basic fact:

1. if u want yourself/bg to be competitive aka top 20 you ADJUST to the current meta, anything can be countered and this is the beauty of pox. If u think a combo is too strong either run it , counter it , find a way around it. Snow spinner is 44 hp and 0 def and if u cant kill her with swap pygmy retri so on and so forth I dont know what to say

2. You play for fun. I salute and respect you but do remind yourself that you play for fun and so your bg is by definition lacking the best tools.

I personally hate bastion and how insanely tanky he has become, I hate kento and I hate skeletons ( especaially bone mine) however I recognise this is part of the game and equip my bgs as best as I can to deal with it. So lads unless something is literally broken aka illusions for example .. lets please think before we nerf something to the ground, look at current UD ((while I agree that BE ban was more than justified, look what happened after and how many ppl are currenly playing UD))

PS I am with ppl who want to redesign but please if u wanna call something OP and not offer a valid alternative please dont bother :)

Tweek516, NevrGonaGivUup and Braxzee like this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Snow-fall isn't a bad ability to be honest, specially rank 2 is pretty powerful(if your enemy can't counter it ofc) in pretty much any map. That said, I'd really like the option of being able to run a few champions without it on base, but that's a personal view.

12. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Nepy I explained yesterday why it is impossible to kill her with pygmy!!

nepyonisdead likes this.
  13. nepyonisdead

you explained that u cant target her but u can target a square to get the pygmys within 2 spaces of her

2 pygmys at least

14. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

we can all ignore this because we have come to the conclusion something needs to be nerfed, right sok? were just debating whether its snowspinner, orb of frostfall or snow shroud or all 3. nothing been decided on yeti yet though.

15. Braxzee

This combination doesn't specifically benefit ferren in the slightest meaning this rune shouldn't justified due to her being a staple of Ferren.

It does benefit ferren....Snow terrain benefits and then you have their only spot option from a champ.

16. nepyonisdead

ignore what you like and complain about what you like. Sok said it has already been nerfed and wont be nerfed again and also there are more OP things out there so find a new hobby mate

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. Braxzee

This has been a problem in POX for some time. Nerf something that was countering something else and then that thing becomes a problem due to not having a counter anymore. If you do not run precision or X counter cos you are trying to run other powerful combos and you run out of room in your BG to include X combo that is part of the game anyways.

Tweek516 and nepyonisdead like this.
  18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I just went through every single ferren and the only Ferren snow terrain benefits is ferpent and Ferren pouncer? Considering Ferpent already has a full upgrade path dedicated to generating snow I don't think he really counts either.

19. nepyonisdead

The beauty of pox is that there is no one bg to rule them all but there is a bg to beat 98% of whats out there :) for the 2% u pray ur opponent sucks or that u can get him before his combo

20. Braxzee

Ferren benefit from the plus dmg and if you get gift out +1dmg and defense, and ferpent is pretty good in ferren bg. Also hidden arctic as well