Current ST power could do with some trimming.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldTiger, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

What you just said has nothing to do specifically with Ferren. All ST units benefit from the additional damage of being on snow and gift...

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

1) who is "we all?"

2) This is perhaps one of the laziest and most arrogant responses to a post I've seen on these forums (excluding OT ofc). @nepyonisdead made a very good post. Well structured, thought out and raised some good points I agree with. Then you respond with this??

I mean, I had virtually no respect for you before (seeing your previous posts), but this has ensured you're down there with dice and the like. Even mw24 gave better responses like this.

To dismiss someone who has a far better knowledge of this game, of game development and is a far better player... Argh just makes me mad.

Do real posts or shut up.

3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

With out it ferren are done. There dmg is too low so orb of frostfall is pretty critical to have. This was about saying ferren have no benefit from orb. Well that is very wrong. They benefit from mobility, dmg, stealth and detect. They really need it all going on.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You're missing his point entirely.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Honey, it's time to stop.

Either way, I can see a case for Shroud having a higher CD, I think the mistake here was making the ability 2 AP to cast whilst retaining the 1 turn per cast, that leaves a lot of AP to spare for Snowspinner which makes her much more versatile and eases the full triggers of Quest Ally. I don't think Snowspinner herself needs any sort of tweaking, Orb of Frostfall rank 1 and Invigoration puts her at mid range most of the time so it's not like she sits back and does everything. She's just doing too much I guess, but for reference, Crystal Rimeweaver is 64 Nora with both abilities and a kit of her own, and don't get me wrong, she's great, but it goes to say that Snowspinner's extra abilities make her seem much crazier than she is.

-DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT DENYING SNOWSPINNER IS A GOOD SUPPORT RUNE, HECK NOT GOOD, GREAT, HEED THESE WORDS.-

I'm also not particularly keen on changes/cost hikes for Call as it is probably one of the few single target (sort of) spells the faction has access to. Additionally (if I recall correctly), the other spell damage options are above 50 besides Frigid Barrier (which ironically is nowehere to be seen in this thread despite the fact that it's 40 Nora). The double tap potential is indeed a given within certain scenarios but it will always require external sources to make it happen, and there are cases where it isn't necessary at all and still fulfills it's role as a damage spell would.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    prymusedek likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I could see it going back to 4 AP, but I don't think that'd alleviate the complaints.

And if Orb is removed from her, I'd probably put it on a couple other ST champions, including another Ferren.

Interestingly, Rimeweaver also has the Orb + Snow Shroud combo.

7. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Yeah, I edited that in a little while ago. Which is why I personally don't think that synergy is out of line. Just think Snowspinner has many things going on at once which make her seem far more out of line.

8. Sokolov

It's a whole 4 nora, btw.

themacca likes this.
  9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I tried to run the rime in elementals the 5 speed is tough to deal with when you want to be dropping ap every round on this ability =/

10. calisk

That explains why snow charger has a pretty cheap build now, it used to be around 10 nora for rank 2

I went looking over all of the snow fall champs after seeing that yesterday and thought their were a few I could see slipping in a deck as a test

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats why it has vivify

JellyBerry likes this.
  12. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I could see that being a problem when Shroud was 4 AP, but right now, considering vivify is a thing on her, it shouldn't be one.

13. calisk

Just how it went in testing. Bg tests aren't exactly scientific it just didn't perform well in any game she was deployed in, it could be a rune that takes some time to adapt to or maybe it was the decks I was facing, or maybe she needs to be paired witg a particular rune to perform well but that's how it turned out

14. Sokolov

But if Snow Shroud gets nerfed to 4 AP, I could see that build not working for Rimeweaver - not necessarily a bad thing, maybe it isn't appropriate for her kit anyway.

15. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Adaptive was my go to on her, as she already provided plenty of support through Orb taking into account things like Elemental Nexus being available to the theme. I think Snow Shroud could be replaced on her with no issues whatsoever. The current AP cost of Shroud is what makes it appealing on her, if anything.

16. Braxzee

I use snow shroud quite a bit on her for elementals and wizards.

17. Braxzee

There are other champs that have a lot going on. Just called out Markoth on Aria on how much she has going on. Aria is a well built champ that her abilities compliment her nicely and she has a dispel in a protectorate faction.. So just because snow spinner is built well, it needs to be changed? Will this apply to other well built champs as well. The complaint has changed to the champ is built to well so nerf it?

18. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Sometimes I feel you reply without even reading what you're replying to and it is honestly what makes me facepalm and very not willing to discuss anything with you. Please step away, the grown ups are talking... about a game... with cute sprites. Shush.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If we were comparing the pre-nerf Aria to this Snowspinner, i'd agree with you, but Aria has gotten nerfed to point where she isn't OP anymore. I play both IS and ST and I only use Aria in Paladins and Barbs. I use Snowspinner in all my ST BGs it's so good.

That being said, I haven't read all 6 pages of this thread and I don't have the time to do so now. Snowspinner needs a tap, but don't over it. I'll suggest a nerf when I have time.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Her U1 is good enough to the point where it could be removed. Keep it on support champs like Spinner and Curate.