Cyclonic Fesh w/ 3-4 Range

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Raikan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Is it possible to boost fesh's range to 3-5 or 4/5-6, at the cost of either barrage or absorb (putting barrage in absorb's place). 3-4 range on a 2x2 is pretty awkward.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ranged champs with anti ranged mechanics are terrible for the game.
    Giving it more range probably wont happen.

TheBulwark and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Raikan

I agree. I'd be fine removing absorb (heck even barrage too). It's key abilities are electric overload and sufficient range to be usable, which 3-4 really isn't, imo.

SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I applaud your view on things.

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Tell that to the Frost Vanguard with Frost Overload. 1-2 range, and the item it equips gives Damage-Shield Frost. Pretty soon it is damaging itself.

6. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

I don't play SP at least not Fesh or Electric, but didn't it have more range at some point when it was released? If so seems silly to go backwards.

7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

If the problem back then was 4-6, 7spd and Barrage, y not keep the range, reduce speed, and take out Barrage? The legendary flavor is simply a range elec overload, we have Ionization and Alacrity as an AP powerturn anyways

8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

No, he's fine as is. SP has excellent range options.

9. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

at least 4-5 range.... 3-4 is just poo

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think we should give it more time. While I'd have also preferred 4-5 this is still worth a bit more time to really settle.

11. Raikan

Of course. I suspect we'll learn that 3-4 range is an awkward range on any unit, especially a 2x2. Just wondering whether people feel that absorb/barrage are critical on him, or would prefer larger range in exchange for those abilities.

12. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Both on one upgrades is a good idea too, absorb or barrage.

13. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I think they read my suggestions on how to make him runnable again but all they got from "range 3-5 or 4-6" was "range 3-5 or 4-6" DONE

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I've been running Cyclonic Fesh on my alt and while I expected him to let me down I found out he's extremely good. I doubt he will get any buffs or any changes anytime soon because he seems to work just fine with 4 range.

Ohmin, SaintKiwi and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Raikan

He's certainly good enough to be runnable as is. I'd just prefer to see his double tap threat range reduced from 10 spaces w/ barrage (6 movement + 4 range) to something more like 7/8 ( 3-5 or 4-6 range w/o barrage) and, as I said above, I agree with Pedeguerra that anti-range mechanics on ranged units are generally a bad idea. Finally, I think with a bit of reconfiguration his upgrade options would create more interesting player choices: maybe grant aura/lightning blast in one tree and barrage/overload in the same tree. That wold be an interesting choice between different types of aoe damage and different way s to enhance single target damage.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It was just changed from being a melee with the latest patch, why revert it?