Cyclopedia for Conditions/Abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrDragco, Mar 19, 2014.

1. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

Cyclopedia for Conditions/Abilities would help new players a ton and will allow people to check a condition easy instead of going into a game every time they need to know somthing.
    You can go over the abilities/conditions whenever you like, with no trubble at all of looking for champs that have this kind of abilitie on checklist or going into games for condition working and/or use.

It can be added where the forge and marketplace is or somewhere aside,
    Don't think its much work.

Just think about the future of pox and every little help to a player is welkom as pox has many conditions and abilities that players need to learn.

Woffleet and Zenity like this.
  2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

/signed

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Not a huge priority, but maybe after a long while and after some runes get streamlined and complexity creep removed which is likely. This will save them having to go back and adjust it. Btw Poxbase is good in the meantime for rune information.

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Nah, poxpulse is outdated. What you are looking for is poxbase.com

Edit: I thought I typed wrong, but it is that.

JazzMan1221 likes this.
  6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

In game should have a more complete hyperlinking system. Should be able to click on any condition and see a detailed description and should be able to click the hyperlinks in the combat log and be able to read a description of the rune that was played by the opponent.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The wiki is your best bet for conditions.

8. only

only Active Member

well, part of it should be pushed through game. if a game needs those encyclopedias, something is very wrong.

9. Authyrtyr

I would want a quick hyperlink in game because each turn is 1:45

10. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

Btw new players dont know any poxbox or poxpuls and i just visited the site .. we have and still its not sorted or in any way better explaned.

btw didn't see any conditions aswell.

11. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Something that DOTA2 does with abilities, that I think works really well, is when you hover over an ability, you get a basic description of it. When you hold ALT and hover, you get a list of specifics in a different font color.

This would be neat to adapt for pox. Abilities that have 5 paragraphs of parenthesis text are not fun.

Zenity likes this.
  12. Authyrtyr

D3 does this as well, it works well.

13. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Pede has it right, PoxBox is a god when it comes to abilities/effects. Just put a link to their site on the homepage IMO.

Woffleet likes this.
  14. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

With all the new abilities and conditions it would be very helpful I play the game everyday still don't know like 20% of them. And Dragco has a point new players don't know about those websites let alone are willing to go there just to look at it better to have an in game way of looking at it.

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

16. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

At this point, the best place I have seen is the wiki. The other sites are useful, but if you want the view on all of them, I'm fairly confident the Wiki is the closest thing you have at the moment.

17. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

Poxpulse is nice though because it lists abilities in alphabetical order; with poxbase you have to search