Damage DoTs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morfeas, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Do you feel they are correctly priced? I think their cost in each rank is something like 3/6/9 (are they even all priced the same?). Would it be good/bad if the nora jump per rank was 2 nora instead of 3?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

@TeaScholar actually did some really good math on these a while back, and makes a great case that higher ranks of DoT are actually a good idea on units with more than about 4 or 5 range. If their cost per rank was narrowed, I would think the cost of Rank 1 would go up to compensate, moving the curve to 5/7/9 rather than 3/6/9. Currently, that first rank does a lot of work.

3. Morfeas

That's my issue, that the first rank is way too good compared to the the other 2 so I usually stick to it. Hence the thread, to either have someone explain/convince me when/why to go rank 2 & 3 or debate on the cost reduction of the latter 2 ranks.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

At 2 nora per rank you'd be silly not to run rank 3 on anything, even on melee. 4 nora for 9 more damage over 5 turns, also the bigger instant burst and the longer side effect (poisoned, scoured, diseased etc)

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

6. Morfeas

Perfect, thanks. Things are a bit more clear in mind now :)

TeaScholar likes this.
  7. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

This.

Range units also get way more benfit from dots than melee for obvious reasons, range > melee etc etc

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dot is too strong on ranged units and too weak on melee.

All dot need a secondary effect or they all need their secondary effect removed.

9. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Your title: Damage Damage Over Time

I bet you're the type of person who says ATM machine and PIN number as well?

DoT are, IMO, priced OK on melee champs and over priced on ranged ones (as others have said). While a DoT might seem over efficient on one hit, it has 0 effect on the second the same turn, and diminishing effect on the second hit the turn after (drop off is higher the higher the DoT). Melee have a harder time in getting a hit, and are more likely to double hit the same target.

10. Morfeas

yeah
    no
    I bet you're the type of person that's fun at parties
    and everyone else said they are UNDERpriced on ranged champs
    I bet you're the type of person that doesn't read carefully

TeaScholar likes this.
  11. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yea, I meant under priced on range. Got mixed up between over efficient and under priced. And at parties, I'm a hoot.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

TeaScholar and IMAGIRL like this.
  13. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member