Dark Messenger

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Saandro, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I just thought if it wouldn't be cool he would get Elsari Coven added? Might make him playable in witches due to detection, and imo he would fit perfectly. Like a familiar of some sort.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

He needs more than that, unfortunately. If he is to be part of the Witch theme (which I am all for doing), he would need to accentuate their strengths and bring more to the table than just Detection. Since he is such an old and outdated rune, we could start by moving all of his upgrades, sans Essence Capture, to base, then giving him new ones. Forsaken Exploit, Guarded: Witch, and Elusive are what I'd propose. This, along with Elsari Coven on base, would let him fit properly in both Witches (with the Exploit and Guarded upgrades) and goodstuff (with the Essence Capture and Elusive upgrades). A cost increase to about 76 nora and -5 HP might be required, but keep in mind he would still be extremely squishy without these additions.

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Look here:
    Familiar:
    When this champion is within 6 spaces of a friendly champion with Class: Witch it gains all 4 of it´s upgrade abilities and Elsarin Coven
    Friendly champions with class witch within 6 spaces of this champion has +2 defence. This does not stack

Grant this ability to:
    Dark Messenger and subtract 5 nora from it´s cost.

From my thread here:
    http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...nsheex´s-suggestions-for-the-witch-theme.129/

4. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I understand he would still need some changes, I just wanted to propose he would get Elsari coven and thus fit into witches.

5. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I used to run the bird all the time. Bird rocks.

Shame what happened to the bird though.

We should get the bird some help.

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

"The Bird" actually refers to Death Harvester when talking about FW. Dark Messenger should therefore be referred to hereafter as "The Raven" to avoid confusion.

7. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Nevermore

8. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would love any form of buff to this champion! I was pushing for this a long long time ago but then people were like nooooo because Elder Bloodbinder turns into Dark Messenger! Here's another speculation to that though.... All those little skeleton summons look exactly like Decayed Mercenary... And Dark Messenger is a ranged birdy not a melee birdy. Buff my bird! I wan't a better detection option then stitched librarian or skeletal raider for a Meta BG smh.

9. rickyjpen

Actually the only reason I hate making FW BG's is that I positively hate their detection options. Only option I like is Skeletal Raider ONLY for skellies. And Blinking Creeper which I still wouldn't want in a meta BG.

10. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Death Harvester? Eye of Serkan also isn't terrible.

11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Stitched Librarian. Super effective support and detection

12. rickyjpen

I am really not a fan of death harvester not my playstyle. And Eye of Serkan is good just moreso in mutants.