Darkest Dungeon - roguelike dungeon crawler, **** the rng, this is too hard

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jib, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

there are debuff buffing trinkets as well. how well does this work vs bosses?

2. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

yeah that is the general idea but the debuffs seem be resisted a lot even on enemies that are supposed to be fairly weak to them ( 25% resist ) and not sure what the to hit formula is so not sure how effective 10 accuracy debuff is.

depends on the boss I want to say the pig is fairly weak to debuff and getting an occultist to land a debuff. can't use the jester in that fight though because it is AoE which hits wilbur and causes the prince to do his big AoE damage and stun. Don't recall what sort of resists the other bosses have. the occultists debuff has a 25% damage debuff along with the accuracy which is very noticeable.

3. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So. Love the Bounty Hunter/Leper.

Dear god though Firk the Hag throwing my Bane Shift into her pot.

4. Molosse

Didn't bring the right tools first time round.
    Second time round I brought 3 Bounty Hunters and a Vestalt, not sure if that was the right tool-set but I saw a hammer/nail solution.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Unless your vestal is the one that keeps being throw in the pot, and then coming out and blocking your melee.

6. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

This has pretty much been the group I've been running with too. Sometimes I'll swap out one of the three Damage Dealers for something tanky, but in general my impressions have been the same.

7. Molosse

I've tend to find that a pair of Crusaders popping Lance/Accusation/Stunning Blow supported by a Heal-Bot Vestal and a Long-Range Highwayman can happily mess up any notable encounter and remains my best build, but at the moment I'm rocking a Leper/Crusader/Bounty/Vestal just for variations sake and because my lazy good for nothing Highwayman got to level 3 and refused to do any bloody missions.

In any case the Lance cycle can mess up the backline while the Vestal tops up hp and the Highwayman lays down some Grapeshot, when the backline's buggered the Crusader start dropping the Accusations for multiple targets and the Stun's for single nasty targets. Occasionally the Vestal may use Judgement if the Crusader whiff an attack.

8. Ragic

I use grave robber, vestal, crusader, hellion (in that order). GR opens with lunge putting him in 2nd spot. crusader follows with lance putting him in 2nd and the GR in 3rd. GR lunges again putting him in first. Crusader lances again putting him in 2nd. GR can then use his grenade to stun and move back. hellion can hit from anywhere with breakthrough. vestal can heal from the back or stun as needed.

9. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

How do you guys deal with the randomness of your best hero just getting up and leaving on a mystic holy vision quest? I cried as my Oswald crusader just stopped praying one day and left out of the blue.. I need you oswald you are my only hope!

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Supposably they come back eventually.

11. Tarth

thank god, that was frustrating. I don't have nearly enough good characters yet.

12. Ragic

I'm so OP I only loot gems and heirlooms. Gold coins are for peasants.

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Am I the only Bane Shift that can't make it through the first few weeks?

Keep getting only medium size dungeons with low level guys so by the time I get about half way I'm crawling on broken legs and STDs

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Sounds like my weekend

MEATMAN likes this.
  15. Ragic

plus after about the first 3 rooms you get prompted to eat anyway. waste of food. but that might be more of a higher lvl tactic after you get your healer to a useable level.

probably the easiest group to start with would be 2 hellions (stun and breakthrough) and 2 vestals (group heal, single heal, stun)

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Huh, sounds like a plan. And is there a good way to heal up later on? Priest chick healing with a stun lock on last enemy is what I've been going for but never executed

17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

You know that feeling when you get a leper with Fated (chance to turn a miss into a hit), Natural Swing (+5 Acc), Evasive (+5 dodge), Slugger (+10% melee) and a couple of Sun Rings (+15% damage and +5 acc when light above 75)? It's a good feeling.

18. Ragic

speaking of which, im sure some of my chars have gotten more positive traits than what is displayed. but there is no scroll bar that I can see. are the extras active or do they get pushed off the list?

19. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

There are several enemies that a single healer ( vestal or occultist) can keep up or even out heal. Add in a jester or crusader for stress relief and you can leave a large number of encounters at 100% hp and 0 stress. The vestal and crusader can even add to your torch light so it is possible to have max light after a fight as well. It gets harder when you start running lvl 3 missions but there chances even then. The more I play the more I like the crusader it has a bunch of hp so it can safely sit in the front ranks does decent damage and has several great support abilities, only real downside is the fact it doesn't have very good options for attacking the back ranks.

20. Tarth

Crusader is my favorite, just like the characters design.