Darkest Dungeon - roguelike dungeon crawler, **** the rng, this is too hard

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jib, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Leper's m'man. His Self-Buffs/Heals/Stress Heals let him usually finish a dungeon better than when he started it. My issue with them now is they cycle through to the higher-levels so damn quick because of that so I lose use of them until I get a decent sized part together.

2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Game is downloaded but have yet to play due to my nature of finishing 1 game before starting another. Almost 100% complete of Dying Light, so hopefully I can sink my teeth into Darkest Dungeon by weeks end.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I have some bad news for you...

Skullferno likes this.
  4. Skullferno

Good news everyone! I finished Dying Light. Not the best game but easily took 40 hours away from me and also made me truly scream sometimes from stupid Firking nightmare scares.

Bad news everyone! I started Darkest Dungeon. I have made it....passed the tutorial and now I am flustered and depressed.

Help.

Sokolov likes this.
  5. Skullferno

Half the time if the game is to long or loses my interest I just drop it.
    Took me a good solid year to finish Dark Souls 2. Game was just so shitty and not great.

6. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Q3 2015 at the very least I think.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

this strikes me as one of those games the mod community will improve with time.

9. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Can you still stack Death Door resistance to over 100%?

10. Molosse

I... Hope not?

11. Molosse

They also gave a stacking debuff to stun abilities and gave the Plague Doctor a minor heal with his Battlefield Medicine.

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

If you've beaten the game already you can start a new campaign using a set of rules to make things more challenging.
    1.you can not upgrade your town in any way
    2. You can not upgrade heroes weapon or armor. You can not upgrade skills or train new ones
    3. You can not buy trinkets from the nomad wagon but you can use trinkets you find
    4. You may not exit a dungeon until every room has been visited or until at least 1 character has been killed
    5. You must interact with every curio you come across
    6. You may use stress relief in town but you may not use the sanitarium

You will want to load up on provisions. At least you don't have to worry about looting heirlooms.

So far I've gotten to about week 15, have started killing the lvl 1 bosses. Have lost about half a dozen heroes. I find the unupgraded stagecoach to be the most limiting factor.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I stopped playing this game waiting for full launch :D

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

RNG just annoys me.

2 cents

15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Love this game. I maxed on a previous patch and then deleted my file. Now back to champion but stopped playing a few months ago. Thinking about checking in tho

16. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Haven't been playing this for quite a while. Last time I used 3x this riposte guy + 1x healer.
    It isn't the fastest way to play, but your group is so strong, the game became boring quite fast ...

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Have they changed how the stagecoach works, or is the game still solved for unlimited IGT playthroughs?

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

In-Game Time -- playthroughs where you try to restrict how long you take on an in-game scale to finish out all the bosses, or otherwise try to rush. Sounds like it hasn't been changed.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, there isn't any inbuilt restriction on it to my knowledge. It's a player-imposed challenge.

20. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

That's early.

I'm gonna check if it's still all-flavor no-fun.