Diary of a Free Player

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by freebie219, Jul 13, 2014.

1. affrobong

affrobong Well-Known Member

Sorry my "opinion" is getting in the way of your hard facts broseph, I was talking from my own experience not some magical world where everything is exact math.

So yes, I would say over 60% is a good bet, I would bet that every time in vegas and I would win over half the time making me think its better chances then 60%.

Ever try 60% crit strike in league of legends? Your right prob exactly half the time crits right? Double crits would thus be impossible by this logic, but yet it happens more often then not.

My point here is that anything over half the time is more likely then not. You are more likely to get a extra exotic or a legendary then NOT get one dispite whatever math you may want to throw at me, the likely hood is higher that you'll get one then you not getting one, so much so that again out of over 10 boxes I have got *ONE* that has only got one exotic, doesnt this spit in the face of your so called only 60%? Should I not have another 4 boxes at least that have the same bad luck? By your numbers this means roughly half the time I should be getting only the one exotic and this isnt reality, dispite what you want to say and dispite whatever math you want to throw at me.

I honestly don't get why me offering my opinion and some advise to gain value has been taken to such a level of hate from you, its my damn opinion and I have a right to have it, dispite what your math says.

Would love to.... hes more then welcome to privately message me if my opinion is that much of a problem to him.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

Can both of you stop derailing the topic? You should both leave and start a new topic elsewhere.

Morfeas likes this.
  3. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Lol sorry MadLotar. I would like to say that I did try repeatedly to end the convo. I just didn't want new players to be fed incorrect knowledge and be disappointed by them when they get hit by the hard truth.

And of course, I would think it's beneficial for a green to post a confirmation about actual probabilities so that newer players can have an adequate idea of how buying packs are.

Anyways, @freebie219 how are you currently doing. Is your Skeezick deck done? Or do you plan to have more stuff in there?

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Rest in RIP.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

This makes me sad

AKHolic and Leadrz like this.
  6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I guess Freebie left and never came back.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Are we really shocked though?

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

He persevered through so much.

Was waiting to see his feel on the new system.

9. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Maybe he's busy... Never give up hope :(

Anima26 likes this.
  10. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I've dropped $50 so far so I'm not totally a free player but pretty close. I love the new gold system, I can work toward a free box much quicker. Sometimes getting 1k+ gold in a match is awesome, way better than the 100 or so I got before. And the free runes from skirmish are awesome! I got a much needed Sheoul Demon and UD banner and have been working on a Deep Elf deck as it's one of the few themes made mostly of core runes and requiring no LEs. I can't compete in PVP but I don't mind as the dailies and skirmishes are amusing enough. They also help me not really care about my lack of runes as I can build fun decks to go against the AI. I think this game will have A LOT of free AI players when it goes to Steam but right now few will find PVP worth it.

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

where u at @freebie219 we are awaiting your triumphant return.

AKHolic likes this.
  12. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

I actually sat down and read through everything I really enjoyed this thread as I too used to to write up the same thing back in 2007, I actually still have word documents containing my day-by-day diary. I hope you return and continue updating us and if you need anything message me in game

13. freebie219

freebie219 Member

OK So I finally make it back after a 2 month hiatus. I've only been playing for a few days but it looks good.

It's a lot easier to find fixed deck matches and they give pretty good awards for winning, so I'm playing more and more of those. Yesterday I managed to get 2 mindslicer obelisks and a nefari messenger from training games, and I was able to trade one of the obelisks into poxbox for a k'lzik that I had been pining for. I was actually saving up shards to craft the k'lzik but it looks like she's a lot easier to get now, so I used those shards for an arachnablade and some orbs of protection. With that, my spider deck is looking pretty good I think. day 54.gif

I've mostly been playing my skeezicks to get back into it, but they're not faring quite as well as they were when I left (though it looks like there has been no balance patch to change things up since then). Now that there are people playing the fixed decks I'll probably be spending more time playing those games than ranked though since there are less frustrating mechanics in those decks.

It's also great to see more new players sharing their experiences.

mickross, PoxZuo, Ozariig and 4 others like this.
  14. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

HE'S ALIVE BOYS

Anima26 likes this.
  15. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Glad to see you are doing well =). It's perfectly fine to take a break and enjoy life. Glad you are enjoying the new things!

16. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Saw you playing a TG match the other day @freebie219 ! Qued up but couldn't get a match and gave up after 12min. Have you earned any boxes yet? I'm just about to get my 2nd, if you're looking for any extended commons/uncommons let me know!