Discussion: Patch Notes: April 7th, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Apr 7, 2016.

1. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Still gives it mobility. Which might help with the 2-4 range. But i'm not sure if that was intentional.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Blood Ball was addressed with the release of Spirits Beyond, and yes, Long Fuse Bomb has been fixed.

Willow likes this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I will miss the alt damage the Valkyrie brought to beast decks but the change is definitely a net positive.

IronStylus likes this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Scorched Earth got buffed but it looks like Cracked Egg might have been missed?

Lushiris likes this.
  5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

No pun intended? :D

Tweek516 and Lushiris like this.
  6. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

To be fair these abilities show in upgrade paths that intend to have the same line of stats buffed or are otherwise fillers due to them not being the better option, though. However I too don't understand what is intended to be done anymore. They just got a 70 Nora ranged unit with surge and and grant aura which tops at 60 hp... It's fine and all but isn't that what we didn't want after these patches? I recall having a similar reaction to Jakei Shaman when they buffed her. Several Lonx are now in that cost range (lower 70s) or below without accounting for camaraderie as well so they have gotten considerably cheaper which is something to keep an eye on in my opinion, at least.

Lonx chieftain shouldn't have lost relocate ally and pull/gravity on a min. range 5 makes little sense. I can see a justification for aid defense since it's far too strong on ranged, but the extra changes were uncalled for.

Either way, no laptop to play the game and check things myself but newer releases and champion changes as of lately are giving me mixed feelings in terms of intended direction and previously stated plans.

Glad to see change nevertheless.

Pattn199 and Xzablaz like this.
  7. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

*Haunting Spirit*

* Default Cost to 33

*Matriarch Sarinda*

* Default Cost to 51

thats interesting and worth mentioning

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And no more Soul Channeling.

9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeti Spirit will be the new spirit to hate.

JellyBerry likes this.
  10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Haunting grip now ultimate suck

mw24 likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Thank goodness for Kartch changes. Good job Sok and friends.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Huh, so this whole Death Carrionling is really weird? So here's how it works: Creeping Pustule, Propagate (even though the text wasn't updated), and Death Spawn all produces Death Carrionlings. These are identical to other Carrionlings, except they have Surge: Carrionling rather than Surge: Worm. Oddly enough, because Death Carrionlings aren't actually Carrionlings, they don't Surge off each other, and all have 2-3 DMG. The only ways to generate proper Carrionlings are to 1) deploy the real Carrionling, 2) Swarm Carrionlings from either the Colossus or Death Carrionlings. That latter trigger is incredibly difficult because these Death Carrionlings often don't have enough DMG to even breach a champion's DEF.

Ultimately, this translates to what were the old Carrionlings not have Surge anymore. It's an ugly way to handle that kind of design decision. It would be cleaner just to take Surge in any form off the Death Carrionlings if that's the plan, and then make all summoned Carrionlings into Death Carrionlings (i.e. change the ones from Swarm, update Propagate text).

As it is worms will undoubtedly roll with it, but it is a bit grimy.

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Some thoughts:

Carrionling - Common is 37 nora
    Carrionling - Limited is 28 nora
    Death Carrionling - Has surge Carrionling NOT surge worm (or was this an intentional change to make death carrionlings less potent and rely on aura's instead?)

Haunting spirit change- I'm fine with the cost reduction but This totally gutz (with a Z) haunting grip which has been suck for a LONG time now due to the nerfs to the spell and then on top of that nerfs to the champion.

For comparision Worms have snuff witch costs 30 nora with a potential very likely refund of 15 nora that gives a champ liability, lumbering, and pariah for 6 turns.
    Haunting Grip of Suck is 40 nora to summon ghost champ with no upgrades (no damage/depression) WITH short lived and causes the enemy champ to lumber for 3 turns.

Dat spell be shoebox if I've ever saw one. Even at 20 nora this would still suck more. Let you be the judge.

mw24 and Netherzen like this.
  14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Fixing Carrionling to be Surge: Worm.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Is the Death Carrionling deal for clarity between summons and reals?

16. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Look again. :D

kalasle likes this.
  17. Sokolov

Yes.

kalasle likes this.
  18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

KORSIEN BUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Gnomes, Sirius and Qucas like this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Freakin' hotfix wizardry, alright, neato.

20. Sokolov

Who the hell is Korsien?

Ohmin and Qucas like this.