Discussion: Pox Nora Ronin Expansion Release Date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

DarkJello likes this.
  2. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Yay, I will be able to forge 300 legendaries to please the sharks with and finally get that ST harb I have always wanted!

But no seriously. Yay for release dates, looking forward to it!

3. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Well the good news for players is that there is no need to spend on the game any more. Thanks DOGZ! I am patient, I can wait a few months till the newest stuff becomes forgeable. No more of my money coming ever wooohoooo!!!!!! I hope you have a backup money making scheme!

4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

New trolls! Yes!

What about new public deck? Still water sucks a lot.

5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Can't wait to play the new trolls

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

It all looks great!

Except for that "40 new abilities" part... I thought we were trying to get rid of superfluous abilities, not make more...

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

su·per·flu·ous/so͞oˈpərflo͞oəs/

adjective
    1. unnecessary, especially through being more than enough.

Gots to see the abilities BEFORE we can determine if superfluous.

chris0024 likes this.
  8. SireofSuns

I suppose that's true. But I thought the point was that we already had more than enough when DOG announced that that (reducing ability count) was their intention?

New abilities are cool and all, but we're still so stuck on fixing old ones that I view it as unneeded.
    Though... I do wonder if any of the threads that were made regarding changes to abilities and new ones had any impact...

9. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

There is actually discussions ongoing with the player council and sokolov regarding ability consolidation, so i'm sure we will get to it soon enough.

DarkJello, Woffleet and SireofSuns like this.
  10. JaceDragon

O

M

G

Are really new players complain about the number of ability? When now in game you can check waht the ability does?
    GG WP

ptjimbo likes this.
  11. SireofSuns

Actually it was mainly old players I heard making the complaints (I actually don't care as much, I really am just trying to look out for the interests of others, trying being the keyword here).

I know some people personally that would play the game if it had less abilities. I showed them the new thing, and while they liked it, their point was that they didn't want to have to read 6 or more things on each champ on the field (I honestly LIKE that part, but whatever).

In short: It isn't so much about having or knowing lots of abilities, as it is about the time spent READING them.

I apologize if it came across as complaining, I really was just trying to help people. :p

DarkJello likes this.
  12. JaceDragon

I'm apologize too for being too aggressive.

But if they don't bother read 6 abilities, maybe this is not the game they'r looking for. Guys, i lost games because i didn't know what the hell a stealth champs do and i went to check in the rune checklist, or because there was ability i didn't know. This is part of the learning process and i don't see nothing wrong with a large number of ability. Of course, more abilities may comples the interaction and the programming idk.

13. SireofSuns

Forgiven. :)

That's sorta how I feel too, but I'm currently focused on getting as many people to play as possible. People want simple games, and I personally think it's possible to make Pox simple enough, while also keeping the depth that keeps so many of us here.

Of course, as DarkJello pointed out, it's probably wiser to just wait and see. THEN let the raging commence, if needed. ;)

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Thank god. I mean for heaven's sake, I need to give you my money.

15. JaceDragon

Point of view. Honeslty I don't share it but it's a mine opinion

16. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

Lots of good stuff here. The addition of rewards to PvP is great. I reacted similarly to SireofSuns re: the abilities, but you've gotta sell an expansion somehow. It'll be interesting to see what the expansion brings, both with new abilities/additions to themes and balance changes. I also wondered about the new public decks. I expected them to be implemented with the expansion. I guess we'll see it next time.
    Regardless, I am very excited!

DarkJello likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Wow. forgeable legends and new runes!?!?!? This patch looks amazing. Shard pricing is going to be difficult. Making runes more available but also keeping the games economy in mind.

Everything in the patch seems great, I hope game balance can slowly move in the right direction though, still trying to figure out why ancestral avenger was buffed last patch.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

SO MUCH WORK. *DIES*

19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Since there's more runes in the expansion, does that mean that a box will cost more? Just wondering because I have enough credits to buy a box but not if the price goes up.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No. The number of runes in a box and the price of the box is not expected to change (and wouldn't change just due to the expansion itself containing more cards).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Qucas likes this.