Discussion: Spirits Beyond Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 29, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Lots of those nerfs were to ranged champions as part of the general ranged champ nerfs, I believe. Should probably include that in the patch summary. As for FW, we can probably get 62 nora Xbone now, so that's exciting.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Some of this was brought up in the video preview, but thanks for bringing up that point.

3. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

faultbreaker with vulnerability poison. Why

TeaScholar likes this.
  4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Patch nerfing ranged = buff to UD! Come back agirgis?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I pointed this one out too.

6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I call this the Construct Immunities syndrome.

Skeezick likes this.
  7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

LOVE this patch! I love 95% of it so I'm only going to list out a couple suggestions that stood out:
    This is an "Exploit" ability and needs to be named as such for intuitive comprehension. i.e. Wounded Exploit
    These two changes seem incongruous. On one hand, you're standardizing abilities to affect relics similarly, then OTOH you're doing the opposite. Why? Allow abilities to affect relics as a standard and only deviate from that when absolutely necessary.

This means it only triggers once now? That's an incredibly heavy nerf to slags' signature ability. I would have started with maybe changing the dmg to 1 and keep heal at 2 or something a little less heavy-handed.

please rename back to original "Czar of the Void". The original name sounded so much cooler than some boring lich administrative official. "Magistrate" despite having the root of "Magi" has nothing to do with magic (Latin Magister versus Magica). This name was another senseless casualty of the notorious overhaul

Overall, tons of things I love in this patch, but I have to say I'm ultra stoked about Chained Fae being restored to her former self (and improved). She is my #1 favorite art in the game and a unique rune.

Joker, Kampel, Atherhog and 1 other person like this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I had a disturbing moment reading the patch notes when I realized that, thanks to the children's naughty-word filter for all of us 30+ year olds who play this game, I was actually reading the names of Firk runes in my mind as "F@#$" - i.e.
    • FIRK Infiltrator
    • FIRK Prophet
    • FIRK Savant (I'm something of a f@#$ savant myself, if I do say so)
    I got through like 3 or 4 before I stopped and realized my brain was automatically parsing the word "Firk" into the word "F@#$". Is this the desired effect of your word filter, mods?

this is a typical phenomenon, like when 4chan notoriously wordfiltered "wapanese" (wanna be jap) to a seemingly nonsense word: "weeaboo". Of course, now weeaboo is synonymous with 'wapanese' to such an extent that it is now the primary word for such a person.

And now Firk is synonymous with F@#$.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
    Willow likes this.
  9. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I mean, if he intends to follow a general formula for all runes then that's what's going to happen

If needed, he could always go back and adjust the costs of those champs with modifiers and whatnot

10. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Blacklabel Brew and Desert Brew have the same stats. Was this planned? I would figure they should be different to add variety, such as St. Semmir's Brew.

I only checked IS changes. Other than that, I'm curious to see how the ranged changes play out.

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

But that's the wrong way to do things though. A champion shouldn't need to be nerfed just because it's ranged. Do you honestly think that some of these champions were too good JUST because they were ranged? I'll mention the three specific ones I did earlier: Eternal Lich, Tortun Battle Mystic, and Dwarven Windfury. None of these champions were too good at all. Yes, they were ranged, but that alone does not mean they are powerful. Eternal Lich in particular was almost shoebox, and yet it got nerfed for some reason. Tortun Battle Mystic was hardly tearing up the meta, but OH IT'S RANGED, BETTER NERF IT. Nerf the problem champions, don't just nerf everything. It's lazy and incredibly stupid IMO.

12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

He should be nerfing ranged units that actually need nerfs, not runes that are barely viable in the first place. Doesn't matter if they're ranged or not, this should NEVER happen. It's completely illogical.

mw24, Goyo and Willow like this.
  13. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

RIP 7 dmg stitched hexer

mw24 likes this.
  14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I say firk with that meaning since before it became a filter. Hipster level over 9000.

Alakhami likes this.
  15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

It's funny considering that the forums is where the real game is at.
    And I don't post on GD everyday anymore, so theres that.

OH look, a meaningless guy whose opinion dont matter! Thank you

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  16. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Personally I'm on the fence as to whether ranged needed to be nerfed, but if it is a general problem with the formula then the way to deal with it has to be in a general formula change, otherwise new ranged champs will all need manual adjustments.

Hopefully the bad champs can get something in a later patch.

Alakhami likes this.
  17. Alakhami

A great name for a grindcore band.

Willow likes this.
  18. Alakhami

Or he could change the champs individually, modifiers aren't good for this game unless there's a really good reason for it.

19. Alakhami

Yeah, I think Jazz doesn't understand that and is angry at the nerfs. All I can say is you shouldn't panic, all you need to do is elaborately cohere what you dislike and how you would change it.

20. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

scarletter and bloodletter are costed diffrently