DomiCliff has got to go

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lanfear, Apr 15, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

I've always thought it would be nice if "walking off of a cliff" could be prevented by a temporary ability/condition/whatever -- a simple mechanic that treats moving onto chasms like passing into impassable terrain.

Some relocation effects explicitly state that the unit will be moved to the nearest non-damaging, non-chasm space, so I know the game can figure it out if you add the same mechanic to a Dominated champ: you try to walk onto chasm with a possessed non-flying champ, and nothing happens, like you hit a glitched stealthed champ in the campaigns.

It would sure shut people up, finally...

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Since no one responded, I'll ask again. What is the real problem, domination, or the ability to use existing cp on the champ, plus what domination grants, plus mobilization/invigorate? My thought would be to have domination set a champ to 5 ap, prevent future ap gain, and not allow any more spells for the turn.

That way it allows people to save AP still, if you keep a champ engaged with another one, they can't move very far to cliff dive, it prevents double domination so they can't dominate the champ you're keeping next to the first one.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'd rather have it not produce any AP, but preserve those left on the champ. At least you could reliably avoid diving by not saving AP then.

4. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

The way it is now, making it grant 0AP would not change the main reason people hate it. Peopel don't like to lose without them getting to do anyhting against it. IT's why people don't like attrition, chop decks and posses cliff dive. That is twosided though, as with domi and also attrition and such decks that make people feel they are loosing without playing it's most of the time not true, it's just an illusion. Choices one make affect the game and even if players don't notice it's why they loose.
    Attrition is a more complicated issue than domi cliffdive, but it's the same reason ppl rage.
    To make people stop hating on domi is not an issue of balance, it's an issue of redesigning the use of the rune, and the effect of posession in general. It exists outside of domi, and people hate it even when it's a shoebox champ being used that has the ability.
    I dislike the fact that players don't see different decks and tactics as different challenges, but rather complain and rage when faced with something that opperates totally different to the other decks. Players that enjoy attrition are players that loves putting up a defensive battleplan, and using runes that stall. The decks don't operate in the same way, and when people see that the attrition player are loosing champs after champs and still win they claim it is OP and unbalanced, while in fact it's the atrittion player feeding the right runes at the opponent to stall time for the clock to take effect.
    Of course posess and atrittion and such decks can become broken and impossible to beat, but that happens to most type of decks, and they are nerfed. It's just that some types of decks and runes are viewed as an evil by most players that don't use them instead of as a challenge.
    That is the problem with FW as a faction it seems, unless you play it you hate it, different minds different pleassures. I for one enjoy all kinds of decks, tactics, tricks and ways. But most ppl seem to rather remove what they dislike with the argument "it's not fun" than change their view to as earlier mentioned "it's a challenge to overcome"

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Remove cliff diving. Increase duration to 3 turns.

6. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

YES. Finally.

Nobody ever responds when I suggest simply preventing Dominated champions from entering Chasm spaces, unless flying.

The game can figure that out. Let it. End of problem. Everybody can stop bickering, and we can be a family again.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I thought we were trying to nerf domi

8. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

Inthought we were trying to whien about it?
    Well, it would be a pretty big buff imo, thats for sure.