Double-standard much?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Who are u trying to scold with this post?

2. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

You only said larger/bigger,so my first thought was on regional scale. Your concern is population. Why does the population size matter? That's what govt is for.

3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

My scolding is open to everyone! If the shoe fits please accept your scolding and reply with something to prove me wrong probably by glossing over key points or throwing in some unrelated content that changes the subject slightly. ^_^

That's how debates/arguments work amirite

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

welcome to the "this thread is a garbage fire"-club , do you want a drink and cookies?

BurnPyro and TeaNinja like this.
  5. TeaNinja

I agree with you about ethnicity. And obviously nobody chooses their place of birth, but you can be proud of your nationality and it be logical. As an individual with a voice you can do things like vote, which affects your nation. Or you can be born in another country, make the decision to immigrate to another country, making that your new nationality, and be proud of your choice to live in said country, and your nationality. You can be proud of the direction your country is going. By the same coin you can be ashamed of your country. Nations are ever-changing and affected by people alive today. That is the key difference between something static like ethnicity, that you have no effect on, and something dynamic like your nation, which you can affect with your own actions.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

S...s...SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS!

BurnPyro and TeaNinja like this.
  7. TeaNinja

I completely understand what you mean. But I was addressing what you actually said.

Astamir likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Honestly, the USA, compared to other western first world nations (possibly from it's overly freedom focused mentality) is this weird breeding ground for ignorance. Because somehow everyone's opinion thrive and is unopposed.

And there's enough other wackjobs around with access to a podcast or internet connection to make you feel like you've found someone who shares your noble ideals/validates your crazy. There are so many extreme's present in America that you wonder how it ever got so far.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Geressen likes this.
  9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

In order to embrace difference in my life and all that crap I have decided to take DJ off ignore, since he seems to actually care about the discussion lately. Not Ragic, though, he's a simple-minded troll, and certainly not Newsbuff, who is an open racist in 2016. Figures.

Concerning the size of countries, as said before, just break down the country into smaller subdivisions. Why should that not be applicable, especially considering that education seems to be mostly regionally regulated in the US? Concerning the diversity of countries, I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany#Migrant_background_and_foreign_nationality, which states that about 20% of our population have an immigrant background. (Amongst them I, considering the definition.)

I think the number of first- and second-generation immigrants is more interesting than their ethnicity, considering that a functional country should have started to absorb the immigrants into their own fold by then. The closest thing I found to that concerning the US was the sentence "The Census Bureau estimates the US population will grow from 317 million in 2014 to 417 million in 2060 with immigration, when nearly 20% will be foreign born."
    (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_the_United_States#Effects_of_immigration)

The main difference is that the German statistic concerns the first and second generation, while the US statistics concerns foreign-born people only. I wish I had more comparable numbers at hand, but that's what I got. What they certainly show is that Germany has a very strong immigrant background aswell, yet manages to do well in education. This strong migrant background is also supported by my personal experiences - as I said, I have a migrant background myself, one of our beighbours is an originally Italian woman married to an originally Nigerian man, another neighbour is of Greek origin, one road over is a black family, no idea where they are from (or whether they are immigrants, but I'll boldly assume), and in school maybe half the people had German names, with eastern european and Turkish names making a very strong showing.

Long story short, we have lots of immigrants and still manage a far better showing on statistics concerning education and knowledge, so it probably isn't the immigrants fault when a country doesn't.

DarkJello and TeaNinja like this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@boozy what background do thou have?

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Second or third generation of immigrant, he wrote this quite clearly.

His parents or grandparents are not german.

12. Boozha

My father immigrated from Uruguay when he was four years old. I've never bothered with a family tree that's somewhere, supposedly, but he himself has (I think half, or maybe three quarters) German (or Prussian?) and some (I think a quarter?) native Uruguayan heritage.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

oh alright, kewl

i was just curious since I always saw you as a very uptight germany german guy, still do

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

He is a German guy...
    I think, one second...

@Boozha do you speak German and consider yourself German?

perhaps I have low standards because Dutch and Frisian are such unpopular languages they have a tribal sort of unifying factor just being spoken by people.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

im assuming he does since hes born there and his dad lived there for pretty much his whole life, also assuming his mum is german so

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

did you just asume his mother-language-identity?

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Boozha

I'm just a bit autistic

I do speak German natively and almost no Spanish, and I do consider myself as German as you can with as much disdain for nationalism as I have. And yes, my mother is fully German ... as far as I know, anyway, I never gave a damn.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

congratulations, I think you are German.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

irony is the sweetest

I'd also like to use his post to showcase how he somehow sees achievements of his family and achievements of his race as a similar thing.

Oh and, isn't it ironic how you can claim "im so proud of my white ancestors that did all this amazing stuff" but at the same time bash the nutjobs (rightly so, if you weren't a nutjob) who apologize for the crimes your race has committed against others.

When you see a muslim, you apologize for the warcrimes the US has commited in Afghanistan and Iraq in just the last 20 years right? Or when you see a Japanese, apologize for the Atomic bombs? Or when you see a beaver, apologize for your people ruining his habitat?
    No, you don't. You know why? Cause that Bane Shift is ********. You don't take credit nor are you accountable for the deeds of people of the same race. That's some dumb Bane Shift.

TeaNinja and Astamir like this.
  20. Boozha

Uh ... I actually think he would see murdering a city full of civilians as a good thing, not as something to apologize for. Mentally deranged, I know.

Astamir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.