East Coast: Whiter than the Oscars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Jan 22, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Italians and Russians and Southerners and Brits and Romanians and Germans and Canadians and Bostonians and Australians and Texans and Greeks and Swedes and Californians and... are monolithic??? Do tell.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

there is a much bigger difference between a black/asian/mexican person and a italian, vs a german and a italian.

your country of origin is secondary to being white/latino/black/etc in the US. basically white is white here. if you move to a racist part of the south its unlikely your going to experience much racism being a white person from any european country(unless your jewish) compared to a non white person.

doesnt matter if your russian, german, or italian; your still going to have it much easier generally speaking in this country than a person of color and share more interest often times with other people of european descent.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  3. DarkJello

I wonder how white people are treated in a racist part of Asia/Africa/S or C America?

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Wow DJ, there exists racism in other places thus we can tolerate racism here? That's what you are going with?

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'd say it likely depends on why they're there. also, on how the individuals around them are racist. if they're visiting swathes of mexico (for example), they're liable to be called a gringo as a matter of course- it may or may not carry hostility.

they're also liable to get kidnapped, but that's less because of the color of their skin and more because white people in general are seen as being from well off countries, and are more likely to be ransomed for larger amounts of money.

same sort of thing, i hear, if you visit europe as an american. especially if you look clueless or out of place.

but you know, that is an interesting question. because i, as a white person myself, rarely if ever hear about any sort of race-based mistreatment in any of those places, barring your ordinary word meaning "dumb foreigner/white guy" (gringo being one, gwailo, gaijin maybe), and of course a harsh history in south africa (but not so much for whitey). whereas in advanced countries like ours, ye olde Ue Se Ofe Ae, i hear about racially based mistreatment quite often. very rarely of the white man. since you didn't offer any specifics, and instead posed only a short and vaguely snarky question, i would imagine that your knowledge of those happenings is about equal to my own. ie; not existent.

i would suppose kidnappings are possible, but again that doesn't strike me as racially motivated so much as greed (in that i have much doubt that the kidnappers are targeting white people exclusively, and because they're white).

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Lmao. Everything is racist nowadays.

Whats next? NBA is racist because only black guys get MVP awards? Oh wait. I forgot you can only be racist if you are white.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

white people colonized, stole the resources from, and destroyed each of these continents... so ima guess not well?...(some people try to lose their identity and become as white as possible to become more successful and have an easier life, alot of asians have chosen this route. Black people generally resist and suffer for it in an attempt to retain their identity. Neither asians or blacks have reacted appropriately to europeans controlling the world but i guess this is to be expected because they both are just flawed peoples at the end of the day.) Most peoples dont seem to be as irrationally and extremely racist like the europeans of the southern united states has historically been though.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

black people play basketball more than white people do... your assumption couldnt be more false. Often times in the nba, white players dont have to do as much to receive recognition. steve nash won like 2-3 mvp awards under questionable circumstances, unlikely he would have won them if he was black. the nba and nfl both have severe race issues, that's why i dont watch either, especially the nfl.(the nfl and organized football in general is super racist)

Your claim that blacks are favored for awards in the nba makes me question your intelligence, the vast majority of nba ownership, gm, coaches, and all of the higher up non player positions are controlled by white people.(nearly all of them, including the people who decide on the awards and the all star voters)

the reason racism against whites often times isnt taken seriously is because white people arent oppressed and control much of the world and there may actually be some merit to the feelings and not just irrational hate.(like the hate towards jews, blacks, and the natives of america)
    No other race of people has come close to scale of crimes against humanity that europeans have inflicted on the world.(thanks for giving them gunpowder asians and thanks for being so nice to them during their dark age muslims, that really benefited you alot...)

europeans killed off 2 entire continents of people in the americas and stole the land and resources. Enslaved and killed tens of millions of africans and took them across the ocean to work for free(for 300+ years with no compensation ever given) and suffer here in the americas. Europeans also commited similar atrocities against asians such as the chinese, indians, and muslims as well.(they tried to enslave the native americans as well but ended up killing them all in the process and replaced them with africans)

Every race of people has done evil throughout their history but white people took the evils they committed to an entirely different level.(which is odd considering they have historically been so big on christianity...) no other race of people have come close to inflicting the same amount of suffering, theft, and genocide. I wish this wasnt true because i like alot of things about europeans but it is. The present state of the world and its peoples are a direct result of what happened in the past, especially the last 500 years.

I guess it could have been worse, the germans could have won world war 2 and just attempted to wipe out all other peoples who werent blond hair and blue eyes insteaed of just killing half of them, enslaving the rest, and stealing their resources like the british and french, lol.(the hate against jewish people throughout history is so irrational, people are just evil. Why would God create this world?...)

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

uhm just because people in the renaissance called it the dark ages because they viewed scientific, architectural, and cultural progress as having fallen after the romans ( wich they idolised) doesn't mean european civilisations were less developed or vulnerable.

nor do the sins of the past reflect upon the current situation. it is however true that the people who are in controll are still predominantly white and often favour white people in positions near them.

10. DarkJello

The complaints u have made so far about whitey, actually apply to many different groups of people--and skin color--from every continent and a multitude of eras. (For example, Europe was brutalized by Muslim raiding parties for around 1000 years). Said another way, if every single white person died today the world would NOT be a better place. We are all a LOT more alike than we are different. Blaming whitey misses the point by a very wide margin.

11. DarkJello

SMH.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the sins of the past made the current situation and last time i checked islamic states could have attacked europe and conquered territory at times during the dark ages and chose a more peaceful route.
    I am suprised europeans dont do more to cover up and alter the history of the last 500 years. Its pretty amazing to me that they just allow all the people of the world to learn about what has been done to their people. more evil has been done to the people of the world in the last 500 years by europeans than by any other group in the history of the world.

had africans received some compensation for the centuries of slavery and opression my family would probably be at least 10 times wealthier than they are today and the ghettos across america would not exist. minorities are struggling in this country as a direct result of the opression of the past and present.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i was not saying that europeans are the only evil people(most of us seem to be), just that they may be the most evil by a wide margin, lol.

14. DarkJello

You should study what happens to pro athletes, lottery winners, and the like.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

pro athletes that grow up in ghettos and poor their entire life and then are given a ton of fame and money(still only a small fraction of what they make for their employers) suddenly and at a young age with no knowledge of what to do with it? thats definitely not what i meant, i dont think anyone intelligent in the african american community would think it wise to funnel a ton of money to a select few 20 year old people.(athletes arent exactly the smartest people in the community either...) and its not like athletes are given it, they earn it and make much more money for their employers. pro ball leagues dont care about the players at all.

if white people wanted to give africans a small fraction of what they earned during the 300+ years of slavery, they would and could do it in an intelligent manner.

they would do this by building infrastructure, protecting communities, and providing a small amount of extra income to a large amount of families to get them on their feet so that they could get out of poverty. This would probably help the country long term but it will never happen because white people control the government and would never allow this.(and the right wing small government pretty much promotes the opposite of this which is why hardly any blacks or minorities outside of the wealthy are republicans)

the american government even post slavery, reconstruction, and jim crow, has done a ton to oppress and sabatoge black and other minority communities in this country. the war on drugs and crack cocaine being put on the streets for example have both directly targeted communities of color. the war on drugs has been a war on the black community, it has done very little to affect whites who use drugs at the same or higher rates but has imprisoned or killed millions of black people and in the process destroying many more families and lives.(and impoverished them further)

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

PS @mw24 , remember when I said DJ was racist? and also that he was a rude word begining with the letter C that is derived from the germanic root word kunta meaning hole?

just wondering.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

alot of people are racist, doesnt mean u shouldnt discuss the issues with them.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Every race has done that, provided they had the transportation to get there.

The predominant vendors of African Slaves were Africans. The fact is that tribalism (as in people fighting each other along tribal lines) and other such distinctions (religion especially, even different sects within the same religion) are still a huge part of violence among the peoples of many continents, regardless of skin color.

I'm not justifying colonialism mind you. I am, however, saying that it's not limited to the White Devil (and also again, Whites aren't monolithic. Hell "Caucasian" which is what "White" people identify as on most US survey's/censuses refers to people from around the Caucasus region, which is basically on the border of Europe and Asia right next to the Black Sea; and the people living there, White as anyone else, are certainly being treated differently by many).

Racism exists amongst all people, and one group obtains dominance over another in history. The skin color doesn't matter other than to simplify and more easily categorize and Balkenize the populace of a given region.

Geressen and DarkJello like this.
  19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Feel free to join in the petition of divesting the 0.0000088% (or whatever it was) that own more than the poorest 50% of the world.

Or do you just want to have a "White Privilige" tax that would go toward infrastructure (ostensibly anyway)?

DarkJello likes this.
  20. DarkJello

Your suggestions have ALL been funded for multiple generations, and no improvement has occurred. The race hustlers are filthy rich though. How many more generations will pass before attempts to buy/force people out of poverty stop? It ain't never gonna work. Sorry.

I don't care what skin color is involved either. If a million whites were put on a piece of land and promised living wages for them and all their ancestors forever, they would quickly regress. Why lift a finger if u never have to? Such a program guarantees long-term dependency and failure. Reality > utopia.