#Elbowgate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, May 19, 2016.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

At least, that's what they're calling this latest incident in the Canadian House of Commons. Here's a good summary video:

And here is a TL;DW of the incident itself:

Lastly, here is a video analyzing the incident and suggesting the entire thing was a set-up by the NDP, who are overwhelmingly against bill C-14:

So, what are your opinions on the matter? Honest mistake? Trudeau tantrum? NDP conspiracy? I don't usually follow politics much, but I'm definitely gonna be keeping an eye on this issue. At the very least it will prove to be further ammunition for the opposition parties in future debates.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

whoa, canada has politics too?

Qucas, Dagda and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Does anyone else remember when Sudam Hussein was the prime minister of canada?

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Clearly this is the whips' fault for not going around the table to the unblocked side instead.

Clearly.

Anyway, the entire thing is ridiculous. Though it's the kind of ridiculous I can live with. Were it the biggest problem that Canada is facing than I'd probably get to work on emigrating there immediately.

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

lets talk about the real issue here; PEOPLE BLOCKING AISLES!

I see this every time I am in a supermarket, some menopausal women standing still in the middle of an aisle gossiping while I am trying to shop around for groceries/making covert photos for freelance market research.

THESE PEOPLE MUST BE STOPPED! there is a time and a place for small talk, it is called a café, or a bar. and a cup of cofee or tea at whomevers house invites the other over.