Endless bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oregreen, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

I have been playing this game on and off for years, what really turns me to the OFF part is the endless bugs. The endless use of in game exploits that ruin the game. They claim to fix things but I don't know if they really do anything . This time I was unable to move my avatar after transfigure. Attacked with other units after so I know it was not lag. Seriously what is the point of a strategy game this complex if the mechanics do not work? I have to play nonstop and read forums to understand the glitches then base my game play off of them.

I guess I just wont be playing until the ps4 release, maybe they will fix some bugs or they can get called out on playstation forums as well

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Were opposing champions adjacent to your avatar when it transfigured? If so, that's because it became engaged as soon as it became a champion, and cannot move the turn it becomes engaged.

3. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

The situation you described is not a bug.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Placing bets, he was engaged

5. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Or drunk

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Or blockade maybe

7. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

This game is just has endless bugs, what allows so many bugs are the elite smug poxnerds who instead of addressing the issues have some smug comment to say. So you poxnerds keep complaining about the low amount of players on the game, guess how it became that way?

8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

To be fair, Kalasle seemed to offer some help there in terms of understanding what had happened. If the OP comes back then he might appreciate the support. The later bits look, to me at least, like light banter rather than aggressive trolling.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Last I checked, many of the top players were some of the most active in the Bug forums, so I'm curious as to where you're getting this idea from.

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Man, read what the people said: there are 2 scenarios that could prevent your avatar from moving:
    1) Your opponent had a champion next to your avatar at the time you transfigured, meaning he became engaged. This is working as intended and applies to every other champion in the game that features redeployment of any sorts.
    2. (Less likely) Your opponent had a champion with blockade within 8 tiles of your avatar, preventing it from gaining 5 AP from Fleet. I don't remember if Avatar ability prevents loss of AP, but this is an assumption it doesn't.

Pox is buggy, yes, everyone knows that and tries to fix them as they show up. (Proof being the bug reporting subforum) It doesn't mean you have the right to throw vitriol at people for being silly towards you.

TeaNinja likes this.
  11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Poxception. The council and people who report bugs and offer help are really out to destroy poxnora forever in an attempt to one day take over and rule the game and all its inhabitants.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Wouldn't matter, because Blockade doesn't remove gained AP, it prevents the AP gain entirely -- two different things. But yes, Avatars are immune to AP loss.

13. themacca

Pede was right all along

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We are making a focused effort towards bugs in particular, at last count we had addressed over 65 individual issues for the next patch.

That said, the situation you describe may or may not be a bug. If the explanations offered by players here do not describe what you saw, I'd appreciate additional details so I can track down what caused your issue.

Xiven and Etherielin like this.
  15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I have made the common mistake of jumping to conclusions before examining all the details. For example the ability precision. I am used to the past function of the precision ability which is to always attack successfully despite any kind of safeguards like (block, dodge, evasive). Precision now has a new addition to it where it will bypass any rank of evasive or reflexes. When I activated ingenuity evasive several times on my salamans I expected some resistance to range attacks from my enemy. The enemy had precision and bypassed evasive on my salaman and I assumed there was a bug when precision was working correctly and functioning in its present form by ignoring evasive and successfully doing full dmg.

I use this example to point out to the OP that he may have jumped to conclusions and what he thinks is a bug might not be a bug at all. Retrace the mental snapshots u took of the game and trouble shoot to see if you may have overlooked something. I complain alot but over all I really appreciate alot of the things that have been fixed. Sometimes I can be over critical but deep down I understand that fixing bugs does not happen instantly and pox has so many that it takes alot of time to fix just a few depending on how difficult or simple the bug is. Thank you for the things you do and it isn't your fault that stinky poo face players like to abuse exploits to win games like running Spirit of the Mountain to death in split factions because it is so broken. Abusers and people who exploit should die a fiery death full of shrap metal, mustard gas, and melting flesh. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE SCUMBAGS!!!!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Tweek516, Etherielin and themacca like this.
  16. themacca

This is probably the only post I've ever liked of yours

17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

It takes alot to get me to the point to type my unfiltered thoughts. Spirit of the Mountain has broken my filter. Hope that rune dissapears from poxnora forever.

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

RIP release date Garu Medium

Ballballer likes this.
  19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Still a fairer rune to deal with than SotM imo.

20. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

The game is constantly being worked on. The game is not a "triple-A" title. The game will have bugs. The developers will fix these bugs, as fast as they can. As a bug report forum frequenter, I can tell you that I have never seen a game with such interactive staff. If this is not enough for you, nothing feasible will be.