Ethereal Pool Bgs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dueljewel, May 7, 2016.

1. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

IS like everyone running these now? its so boriiiiing. turtle turtle drop relics turtle more then if threatend drop 2x bile zombie and banish. i dont even entertain playing these bgs anymore. I also dont know why they allow 2 chopping blocks per BG. im surprised that Bane Shift didnt get nerfed during wild alliance

super71 likes this.
  2. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Well.. What did you lose to last game again?

3. defypain

defypain The King of Potatoes

He lost to these hands

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Cause it's a poor bg if the opponent has a slight clue what he's doing. Read: don't scry to 50hp and don't spam useless champs.

Sphere8274 likes this.
  5. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

With a careful approach is not hard to turn their resources against them and you will be too at advantage since they have to invest for the set-up and shrine repair

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Pool is really easy to counter. You just need to save up enough nora to kill pool when you deploy.

If they are not using traitorous helm that is a big plus in your favor. You do not need to have shatter.

Lotus alter, backfires, dmz are perfect banish counters. Banish will give you a large nora refund so if you are droping relics in fonts as you go. Saving up for a 4-6 champ deployment becomes easyer with the refund from banish. Unless they have tomb of hate they are probally not going to be deploying a whole lot of champs themself because of pool.

Try not to transfigure, red cap twins and repears blade will cut you down. Real quick if you transfigure

Do not use spells outside of turn 10
    Incase of spell traps.

Out rush them. Shrine focused bg's are really offensive and can not defend a good 3-4 champion rush on thier own shrine. Factions like kf with thier speed and range have an advantage here.

Sp pilfer armory will troll traitorous helm users.

IS's refute could simply win the game. Using blink or diven whatever can help you use pool against themself.

Most importantly, take you loss as lession and become more aware of what you opponent could be doing. You should not be scrying unless you have too. Damaging your shrine can easily lose you the game. You win a game of pox by destroying the shrine. Currently destroying a shrine= victory. Font game/ champ game is secondary. Unless they chang the rules so avatars/shrines are just deployment zones or normal champs and the game would end when you can not longer deploy. Shrine rushing, or to the point bg's will continue to be a straight line between two points.

Facing any rush strategy is the same. You figure our what your oppenets goals are, and then do your best to counter it with your rune reveal. Sometimes you get what you need when you need it, sometimes your opponent gets what they need. The people that play pvp are generally going to everything the can do to win. PvP players are extremely competitive. I would not complain because you lost to a bg that is not "business as usual" and froces you to change your tempo.

JazzMan1221 and Cinder405 like this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ehh chopping blocks should have been nerfed ages ago 10 hp per turn for relics that sit on the other side of the map is dump and poor strategic play.

Ethereal pool needs 4 deploys to destroy it, with x2 mason's spires and x1 stitched suppressor you need a Bane Shift ton more, don't feel like calculating that right now. The bg is boring to play against and even more boring too use. I'm not a fan of global abilities and never have so that's just my opinion.

This happens quite often though, a bad player uses bgs that a greta player made and abuse it to gain rank. This happened a while ago with player's like kalasle abusing certain bgs to keep rank up when another player initially made the bg.

Best to just surrender to avoid the annoying game if it bothers you, perhaps one day the devs will figure out how to balance things properly.

8. OriginalG1

Having used pool myself i can talk about pool mechanics. Pool loses 1/4 of its hp when a champ is deployed, so 4 champs deployed by either player to destroy pool is correct. However for some reason when you deploy one masonspire pool loses 1/4 of it's base hp and not current hp. It takes 6 real champ deployments to kill pool with one masonspire. When two mason spires are deployed, pool corrects it self and losses 1/4 of it base hp. The stated pattern is continuous for each hp buffing unit. So 4-6 champs deployed in one turn will kill pool. Even if 2 of those 6 champs are removed form play 3-4 champ can easyly over take a shrine.

The danger comes at trying to wear pool down over time vs in one turn. If pool is at 2hp, then gets a 10 hp boost, then ya you messed and are in danger of lossinh the game. Also pool can be healed with mason. Key here is kill pool in one turn. Scon is linked to the pool that grabted scorn, destroy scon granting to loss scorn if there are two pools out. Scorn dose not stack so if you opponent has two pools out at once you get to kill both in one turn simply by deployment.(Not to mention siem, artic wail, font eruption, sabotage, spells over 10 damage, ect..)

9. OriginalG1

Go ahead and play with the pool bg. It is a relatively easy to forge all the runes you need. (just a few exo's and rares) You might catch a few people off gaurd, but you will not undefeated. Maybe lossing with a pool bg what you need to teach ya'll how to beat it, teach you how situational the win is (with random maps and rune reveal), and most importantly that lossing or winng while using a pool bg will show you that your opponent actually decides if they win or lose depending on how they decide to play against you.

Edit: I would encourage you to play using pool so you may learn the macanics.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  10. super71

Don't really care to argue it's silly to play against and many people would agree same with chopping block bgs. I just stated my opinion on the matter, if I had any urge to play poxnora I would take you up on making a bg abusing it but honestly with the constant bugs,lag, power creep, broken runes, and poor rune balancing the game isn't all that appealing to me lately. Perhaps in a few months when every other game becomes boring, I have about 200 games on steam and about 85% I haven't even touched lol.

11. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

yeah i think its for the best that you take a break from pox it not like you were any good or anybody even liked you anyways

12. OriginalG1

Was not trying to bicker, was droping tips and strategies to beat the bg.

Cinder405 likes this.
  13. super71

I know how to beat it, I just don't think it's fun to play against is what my point was. Makes pox less of a strategy game and more of a counter or lose situation.

14. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Their strategy is outwit and beat down your shrine. Your strategy is to react by countering that....seems like strategy to me.

Stop complaining and play the game. Poxnora doesn't have to be played way it's always played. There are other ways to win matches other than the original flow of the game. If you know how to beat it then beat it. If you dont then ask questions and learn lesson from losses. If you are playing ranked that means your going to go up against a variety of strategies and this is one of them.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. super71

Sounds like someone is salty because they be looking like a fool on my other thread.

16. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd like to point out that Mason Spire has no effect on Ethereal Pool because it loses a percentage of its max HP when someone deploys, not a flat amount. They can boost its HP all they want, it won't matter.

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

N
    not true if you deploy masons spire after the pool has already taken a hit or 2

super71 likes this.