Faction/Font Bonus inconsistencies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Dec 4, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ud doesn't need full damage on range units that's silly. Grimlic with 18 damage and firelight gem lol hell no, ud range isn't even as bad as it used to be either. Honestly i would prefer if split faction bonuses were removed entirely, as someone listed above the reason people play splits is for the extra rune selection. Having only full faction bonuses would make full faction bgs more competitive.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you dont know what your talking about...

10+ hp, -6 spell dmg, 1 speed, or 20% dmg reduction is ok on ranged units but 4 dmg isn't? smh. The devs listening to everyone who comments opinion, is the reason why the games factions and themes are still messed up and why random changes that make no sense are still made so often.

menalaus is almost the exact same rune as grimlic and he gets 1 speed which is stronger than 4 damage. your post is frustrating.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  3. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Fw font bonus confirmed garbage pls trade SL's font bonus for FW's because SL OP

Ballballer likes this.
  4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

You want to balance faction/font bônus without looking at the runes at the faction disposal, and this is not the way to do it, trust me.
    Yes, some Font bônus, like: SL, KF and FS is weak, but FW? Really? It prevents spell spam more than any other faction, but I agree that using it outside to hit inside spaces is Bane Shift, but to fix that, just prevent the Spell effect (if AoE) to hit inside, it will act normal where you use it, but will have no affect inside the DMZ.
    My toughts about the bad font bônus:
    -SL gives Regen, but is useless in a faction where half of the champs allready have it, and a lot of them in rank 3.
    -KF is rather useless, can be good, but is sosituational (even more than all others) that is no real benefit for fighting at your font (wich should be the use of Font Bônus, Defender the place).
    -FS 2hp per turn was balanced, cause the faction was one of the best Heal Faction we had, now with all the nerfs to their healing, it's pretty strange, and seens that they leaved it here to compesate the lack of Heal for a faction that is used to have tons of it.

The Faction Bônus you said that are "weak", make them really annoyng to play against (with the exception of KF split, that sucks).
    -UD bônus is for melee, and it is allready very powerfull in a faction full of melee beaters. Why ranged buff? +4 DMG for ranged is stupid, imagine an Harbringer with that bônus, totally cancer. If want range, change faction.
    -FW is almost all about cheap spam, their bônus fit them very well, and only one or other theme "doesn't benefit" its full potential, but buff those themes should be the way (if they are weak), not changing a faction identity. If don't want to "recycle" all your champs over and over, changes faction.
    -IS bônus is weak? In a faction with tons of supports spells, healing, defensivbstuff, I can guarantee to you: their faction bônus IS STRONG. You can't just say their bônus is bad without looking at the runes at their disposal, doing this is really silly.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

sure if we are trading the faction bonuses as well. The only fw theme that trading away dmz would hurt would be witches and thats only because it procs curse not because of the dmz itself which is pretty worthless. play fw and you will see.

6. super71

I don't think you really understand would buffing ud range would do lol. The devs not listening to any of your comments is why more people are playing now, your good at the game but your idea on balance is often confused.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lmao.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dmz preventing all spells from affecting the dmz spaces regardless of where they were cast would probably make dmz suck a whole lot less. this might be a good fix even tho the font bonus would still be much much weaker than the IS, ST, and possibly the sp bonuses.

the kf split bonus is better than the fw split bonus just in case you didnt know.

9. Ifem21

You should listen to him. Yes, you are very good at this game, but your sense of balance, and desire to make everything the same is really bad.

10. Ifem21

Of course they will, this bônus are the stronger right now, they were asked for lots of nerfs when they were released.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this is pretty far from the truth, in reality alot of players just dont understand my perspective much of the time because most of you havent had the time to become proficient with each of the factions. For example he thinks giving UD ranged units a full bonus would cause their ranged units to become overpowered. His logic is pretty silly considering every other faction in the game has their ranged units already getting full faction bonus. He uses grimlic as an example of a rune that would be overpowered just because it would have a high damage stat but doesnt look at kf's bonus affect on menalaus, or SL's bonus affect on valdac.

Grimlics base damage may be too high and it was probably made that way because of it only getting half a faction bonus. The rune is currently overcosted and would be much better off with lower base damage and a full faction bonus. The current grimlic is the equivalent of menalaus paying for 7 and a half speed instead of the 7 speed that it currently pays for.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  12. super71

I've played every faction a decent amount in ranked, you have just played more because you have more free time.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

based on your comments it is pretty easy for me to tell that you havent yet become proficient with most of the factions in the game. This is the main reason why you dont understand my perspective on certain issues like the ud faction bonus imo. There is literally no different between the ud bonus and the other stat bonus except that UD's ranged units only get half a bonus.

14. super71

The fact that you have played every faction as much as you have and don't see how buffing ud range would be a problem scares me. You would have every ranged unit nerfed in ud in a week. A 12 damage goblin archer with multi-attack and encouraged can do some good damage real quick. Take a minute looking through the runes and see what your "change" would affect.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i didnt say dont reduce base damages if needed(grimlic for example) and no a 12 dmg goblin archer wouldnt be op because the unit has 32 hp. You still arent getting that every ranged unit in the game gets their factions full bonus besides ud.

16. super71

If you reduce base damage your essentially getting the same damage ? Dude your ideas don't make sense.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

did you forget that grimlic was 1 rune with already high base damage and that noracost exist and that damage cost nora??? facepalm*

18. super71

So you want a cost reduction on grimlic for him to have the same damage, everyone will be thrilled.

19. Ifem21

First of all: Being good ≠ Know how to balance. You are good at PLAY the game, but good at BALANCE the game is totally different and you being top rank doesn't mean you can balance better than others.
    Giving UD range bonus just because the ranged units of other factions are recieving the Full Bonus is a stupid argument, really. Will are the one who always say: "balance over flavor and consistency" and now you want to make consistency over balance? UD is a Melee faction, and should stay this way. Buffing UD ranged DMG throught bonus and reducing their base DMG will change nothing, and will only give the DEVs a lot of trouble and work.

EDIT: I agree on Grimlic, he is too overcosted, yes he is powerfull, but he can take some DMG nerfs.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

unfortunately most people dont know jack when it comes to this games competitive pvp, so i dont really care much about getting people to agree with me. I dont have time to teach people the game and im not a good teacher anyway.