Faction/Font Bonus inconsistencies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

So you are basically asking here to grant spell-combat awareness to all units inside FW's fonts...? That to me seems overpowered.

IS font bonus, rock ground: you cant deploy relics inside
    FW font bonus, DMZ ground: you cant cast spells inside
    ?? font bonus, sealed ground: you cant deploy champs inside(?) lol

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dmz currently sucks because you can just cast a spell slightly outside of it and hit the units inside. I need to think about how preventing spells from affecting dmz spaces would affect the game but I think this would be a good solution to the current dmz atm.

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

dude please stop

0ryuk0 likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

-facepalm-

Why do you take it as your personal quest to change that?

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ive almost never used the fw font bonus for anything and its my most played faction and the the faction i am best at.(outside of witch of course)

the fw font bonus as it is, is trash like the fs and sl bonuses. the kf one sucks too much not as much as these.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Vengeful probably wouldn't work without the current font bonus.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dmz still sucks tho, i killed both your relics last time i played you with aoe spells even tho they were in your shrine deployment zone dmz.

also vengeful serkan decks are more of a cheese thing.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is pretty much how it should be -- I would be aghast is Tome and Tomb were any more protected from up-close damage. Wiping both them out was much more a placement issue on my part.

Nope, it's a value play, designed to shore up tactical weaknesses in what is otherwise a grindfest.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'd argue that it should go to SL, they're starting to have an ap theme.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If you take the bonus stats into account before making the rune, then it's not a bonus. It's design.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

runes are often times designed with their faction bonuses taken into account.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

FS has an insane amount of healing from many different sources. FS peeps could care less about font bonus. I look at it more as a supplement to my regen champ and pond of lilies. Font/faction bonuses shouldn't have such a big impact on the game. They were created to add flavor to factions and as a small support role. In the past SP, ST, and IS font bonuses were granting free ap and warranted changes due to how OP that was. I would rather have font/faction bonuses be underpowered than carry games for players.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I do think the fs font bonus could have at least a few more spaces of water, not the whole font because that would make aquatics crazy again but at least one more square.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I Luke the look of the FW font bonus.

With that said it has steadily decreased in usefulness as pox has chugged on.

For instance it USE to be extremely powerful but that was mostly due to spells like ice block and call serpent allowing easy contesting via spell presence when summons could contest.

Is summons/illusions lose relic dropping then that leaves its main benefit against single target gank spells.

As mentioned aoe can still get around it fairly easily as well as stuff like Pygmy. With some sources of dmg becoming cheaper this may effect its value but most of the fighting is either done outside the font or simply delayed one turn after contesting.

Do I think it's useless? No. Do I think it's the best? No. Do I think it's the worst? No.

15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

<3

16. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Just. No.
    I don't remind why i leave you from the ignore.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

come back and talk to me when you learn the basics of the games pvp bro. jus saying -___-

18. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

"DMZ spaces becoming immune to spell damage" so make it broken for witches only? This would render IS bonus useless. Especially with how much dead zone you can throw out in FW .

19. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

He wants a secret buff to all ranged units in under depths to make their already viable units cheaper. Eureka.